I wish my Gurdwara Programs were as exciting as

Request features, content, albums, tracks, etc. Suggestions, Bug Reports

Postby nirbhao » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:56 pm

sat sri akal ji .../

I wish my Gurdwara Programs were as exciting as these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcu7LAaV2TU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDLj5CV7eI

does anyone know where we can get more recordings of this jatha ? how to invite them to our Gurdwara Sahib ?

Our youths are going away froom SIkhism because we do not communicate the great Gurbani in ENglish to them...

can someone please help me contact this jatha ? forward this message to all your friends and let us support English in Gurdwaras too !

nirbhao
Guru Da Pyara

Re: I wish my Gurdwara Programs were as exciting as

Postby admin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 am

I have to say, I have not seen any other jatha with a violin player. That sounds pretty good.

I definitely agree that our youth in the west do not understand Punjabi and hence do not understand enough about the religion. What needs to happen is either Punjabi classes (which are pretty popular in gurdwaras already) or Ragi Jathas that explain everything in English.

One suggestion I must make is that at our gurdwara, we run SikhiToTheMax software to translate/transliterate each shabad that Ragi Jathas sing (and the Hukamnama) into English. This kind of seva has been applauded here at gurdwaras especially by non-Punjabi speakers, who really appreciated it as they were gaining the same benefit as the Punjabi speakers. If you do not know about how to do it, let me know and I will leave more details.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Requests