admin: my short short history

Introduce yourself, your community, your relationship with Sikhism or God in general.

How satisfied are you with Sikh Sangeet network?

Poll ended at Sun May 11, 2008 1:43 am

Very
83%
OK
8%
Little
No votes
Needs improvement.
8%

Total votes : 12

admin: my short short history

Postby admin » Sat May 12, 2007 1:43 am

As you may all know, I run the Sikh Sangeet network on my spare time. I used to run a Bhangra network and a small Sikh network on dc++ protocol for a long time. I stopped due to lots of college commitments and busy life.

I used to visit a lot of sites to get Sikh music and it was a hassle shuffling between websites. Seeing the poor interfaces (such as andromeda) that most sites used, I noticed how there can be improvements. I further noticed how Sikhs who were just beginners at computers had even more trouble.

Eventually I realized I should make some effort and help the online Sikh sangat by making a website to deliver the rich Sikh religious music, in an easy and user-friendly manner. As you can see this has been a success. I love reading the messages I get from the online sangat on how appreciative they are of the service.

May God bless us all and continue to support us while we listen and sing His praises.

Comments/Questions are most welcomed...

tuhada sevak
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: admin: my short short history

Postby satsimran » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I am new to the forum and your site. Trust me it is excellent. I heard about your site from a friend at my local Gurdwara, and I know that lots of Gursikhs from the Gurdwara have been visiting and commenting how good your site is. Keep up the good seva.

Gurfateh!

Satsimran

PS. i want to change my email address for the forum, how do i do that?
satsimran
Guru Da Pyara

Postby admin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Here's where you change your email address: ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

So I still remember your request about Musical banis, I got access to 1-2 so I will be posting shortly.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!
admin
Site Admin

Postby arjeendersingh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Sat Shri Akaal!

I am Arjeender Singh(27) working with Confederation of Indian Industry as Zonal Manager, Ludhiana. I basically belong to Hoshiarpur. I liked the site very much and thought of being its members. It has certainly expended and enhanced my understanding about God and sikhsm. The varity of Shabads available here on line is the greatest seva I have ever experienced. I wish this initiative of the Admin may continue beyond ages for the betterment of the sikhism and socity as a whole.

Raab Rakha
arjeendersingh
Guru Da Pyara

Postby jaskirat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:36 am

Dear Admin,

Sat Sri Akal,

Ur website is fantastic, it's a very good karm your earning. I use the site everyday, I dont go about searching for kirtan as ur site has it all. It's brillant. And you doing this on your spare time is even more commendable.

There are countless times, where i really enjoy listening to the kirtan and engage in peaceful simran. And that's all because of you!!!!.....

May satguru bless you with his name and grace,

Keep up the good karm!!!
jaskirat
Guru Da Pyara

Postby Amarjeet123 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 am

Guru fateh Vir jee !
Beleive me this is a great effort and you are sucussfull also .I can undrstand the hardwork you have done on this website, becuase engaged in such efforts ,but unable to give a shape to these efforts. Being a sikh when I see any anti sikh activty or any thing which makes me proud so just try to right in my blog in rackless english.Now i am trying to embed a MP3 link on my blog so that visiters can listen Gurbani while reading .Right now I am the only visiter lol.

Once again thanks for your efforts and no doubt Sikh Sangeet is great source of Gurbani

Amarjeet Makkar
Amarjeet123
Guru Da Pyara

Postby Jass atwal » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 am

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh g. very gud thanx g
Jass atwal
Guru Da Pyara

Postby cbhurji » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi,
All I can say about your website and your commitment to serve the Sikh community like this that you have bought a bit of heaven on this earth.

Well done keep it up as I come and listen to most of Heavenly songs!
cbhurji
Guru Da Pyara

Return to Introductions