Some questions & answers as a seeker regarding spirituality

Introduce yourself, your community, your relationship with Sikhism or God in general.

Postby carlos » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Question : What is Soul?
Answer : Wondrous and beautiful is the description of the beauty of the Supreme Soul, the Supreme Lord God. || 1 || Pause || He is not old; He is not young. He is not in pain; He is not caught in Death's noose. He does not die; He does not go away. In the beginning, and throughout the ages, He is permeating everywhere. || 1 || He is not hot; He is not cold. He has no enemy; He has no friend. He is not happy; He is not sad. Everything belongs to Him; He can do anything. || 2 || He has no father; He has no mother. He is beyond the beyond, and has always been so. He is not affected by virtue or vice. Deep within each and every heart, He is always awake and aware. || 3 || From the three qualities, the one mechanism of Maya was produced. The great Maya is only His shadow. He is un deceivable, impenetrable, unfathomable and merciful. He is merciful to the meek, forever compassionate. His state and limits cannot ever be known. Nanak is a sacrifice, a sacrifice to Him. || [ SGGS Page 868 ]
The soul is divine; divine is the soul. [SGGS Page 1325 ]

Question : What is Mind?
Answer : The mind is Maya, the mind is a chaser; the mind is a bird flying across the sky. The thieves are overpowered by the Shabad, and then the body-village prospers and celebrates. Lord, when You save someone, he is saved; his capital is safe and sound. || 1 || Such is my Treasure, the Jewel of the Naam; please bless me with the Guru's Teachings, so that I may fall at Your Feet. || 1 || Pause || The mind is a Yogi, the mind is a pleasure-seeker; the mind is foolish and ignorant. The mind is the giver, the mind is the beggar; the mind is the Great Guru, the Creator. The five thieves are conquered, and peace is attained; such is the contemplative wisdom of God. || 2 || The One Lord is said to be in each and every heart, but no one can see Him. The false are cast upside-down into the womb of reincarnation; without the Name, they lose their honour. Those whom You unite, remain united, if it is Your Will. || 3 || God does not ask about social class or birth; you must find your true home. That is your social class and that is your status - the karma of what you have done. [ SGGS Page 1330 ]

Question : Body?
Answer : The union of air, water and fire - the body is the play-thing of the fickle and unsteady intellect. It has nine doors, and then there is the Tenth Gate. Reflect upon this and understand it, O wise one. || 1 || The Lord is the One who speaks, teaches and listens. One who contemplates his own self is truly wise. || 1 || Pause || The body is dust; the wind speaks through it. Understand, O wise one, who has died. Awareness, conflict and ego have died, but the One who sees does not die. || 2 || For the sake of it, you journey to sacred shrines and holy rivers; but this priceless jewel is within your own heart. The Pandits, the religious scholars, read and read endlessly; they stir up
arguments and controversies, but they do not know the secret deep within. || 3 || I have not died - that evil nature within me has died. The One who is pervading everywhere does not die. Says Nanak, the Guru has revealed God to me, and now I see that there is no such thing as birth or death. [ SGGS Page 152 ]
O my body, the Lord infused His Light into you, and then you came into the world. The Lord infused His Light into you, and then you came into the world. The Lord Himself is your mother, and He Himself is your father; He created the created beings, and revealed the world to them. By Guru's Grace, some understand, and then it's a show; it seems like just a show. Says Nanak, He laid the foundation of the Universe, and infused His Light, and then you came into the world. [ SGGS Page 921 ]

Question: What was before this universe?
Answer : He created Himself - at that time, there was no other. He consulted Himself for advice, and what He did came to pass. At that time, there were no Akaashic Ethers, no nether regions, nor the three worlds. At that time, only the Formless Lord Himself existed - there was no creation. As it pleased Him, so did He act; without Him, there was no other. [SGGS Page 509 ]
We can only express a sense of wonder about the beginning. The absolute abided endlessly deep within Himself then. [ SGGS Page 940]
For endless aeons, there was only utter darkness. There was no earth or sky; there was only the infinite Command of His Hukam. There was no day or night, no moon or sun; God sat in primal, profound Samaadhi. || 1 || There were no sources of creation or powers of speech, no air or water. There was no creation or destruction, no coming or going. There were no continents, nether regions, seven seas, rivers or flowing water. || 2 || There were no heavenly realms, earth or nether regions of the underworld. There was no heaven or hell, no death or time. [ SGGS Page 1035 ]

Question : How this universe was created ?
Answer : He created the creation, and watches over it; the Hukam of His Command is over all. He formed the planets, solar systems and nether regions, and brought what was hidden to manifestation. No one knows His limits. [SGGS Page 1036 ]
From the True Lord came the air, and from the air came water. From water, He created the three worlds; in each and every heart He has infused His Light. [ SGGS Page 19 ]

Question : What is Waheguru ( God )?
Answer : God is only one. His name is true. He is the creator. He is without fear. He is inimical to none. He never dies. He is beyond birth and death. He is self illuminated. He is realised by the kindness of the true Guru. [ SGGS Page 1 ]
The Lord is said to be the Greatest of the Great; His Kingdom is the Highest of the High. He has no colour or mark; His Value cannot be estimated. Please show Mercy to Nanak, God, and bless him with Your True Name. [ SGGS Page 44 ]
Wherever I look, there I see God's Presence. [ SGGS Page 84 ]
He is unknowable, infinite, unapproachable and imperceptible. He is not subject to death or karma. His caste is casteless; He is unborn, self-illumined, and free of doubt and desire. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to the Truest of the True. He has no form, no color and no features; through the True Word of the Shabad, He reveals Himself. || Pause || He has no mother, father, sons or relatives; He is free of sexual desire; He has no wife. He has no ancestry; He is immaculate. He is infinite and endless; O Lord, Your Light is pervading all. || 2 || Deep within each and every heart, God is hidden; His Light is in each and every heart. The heavy doors are opened by Guru's Instructions; one becomes fearless, in the trance of deep meditation. || 3 || The Lord created all beings, and placed death over the heads of all; all the world is under His Power. [SGGS Page 597 ]
You have no form or shape, no social class or race. These humans believe that You are far away; but You are quite obviously apparent. You enjoy Yourself in every heart, and no filth sticks to You. You are the blissful and infinite Primal Lord God; Your Light is all-pervading. Among all divine beings, You are the most divine, O Creator-architect, Rejuvenator of all. How can my single tongue worship and adore You? You are the eternal, imperishable, infinite Lord God. [ SGGS Page 1096 ]

Question : What is Religion?
Answer : Of all religions, the best religion is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct. Of all religious rituals, the most sublime ritual is to erase the filth of the dirty mind in the Company of the Holy. Of all efforts, the best effort is to chant the Name of the Lord in the heart,
forever. Of all speech, the most ambrosial speech is to hear the Lord's Praise and chant it with the tongue. Of all places, the most sublime place, O Nanak, is that heart in which the Name of the Lord abides.
[ SGGS Page 266 ]

Question : What is a Miracle?
Answer : If I were to become a Siddha, and work miracles, summon wealth and become invisible and visible at will, so that people would hold me in awe - seeing these, I might go astray and forget You, and Your Name would not enter into my mind. || 3 || If I were to become an emperor and raise a huge army, and sit on a throne, issuing commands and collecting taxes - O Nanak, all of this could pass away like a puff of wind. Seeing these, I might go astray and forget You, and Your Name would not enter into my mind. || 4 || 1 || SIREE RAAG, FIRST MEHL: If I could live for millions and millions of years, and if the air was my food and drink, and if I lived in a cave and never saw either the sun or the moon, and if I never slept, even in dreams - even so, I could not estimate Your Value. How can I describe the Greatness of Your Name? [ SGGS Page 14]
If I dressed myself in fire, and built my house of snow, and made iron my food; and if I were to drink in all pain like water, and drive the entire earth before me; and if I were to place the earth upon a scale and balance it with a single copper coin; and if I were to become so great that I could not be contained, and if I were to control and lead all; and if I were to possess so much power within my mind that I could cause others to do my bidding - so what? As Great as our Lord and Master is, so great are His gifts. He bestows them according to His Will. O Nanak, those upon whom the Lord casts His Glance of Grace, obtain the glorious greatness of the True Name. [ SGGS Page 147 ]
O Nanak, that is the most wonderful gift (miracle), which is received from the Lord, when He is totally pleased. [ SGGS Page 474 ]
All the Siddhas, spiritual masters and seekers search for the Name; they have grown weary of concentrating and focusing their attention. Without the True Guru, no one finds the Name; the Gurmukhs unite in Union with the Lord. Without the Name, all food and clothes are worthless; cursed is such spirituality, and cursed are such miraculous powers. That alone is spirituality, and that alone is miraculous power, which the Carefree Lord spontaneously bestows. O Nanak, the Lord's Name abides in the mind of the Gurmukh; this is spirituality, and this is miraculous power. [ SGGS Page 650 ]

Question: Who are saints?
Answer: Those who do not forget the Lord, with each breath and morsel of food, whose minds are filled with the Mantra of the Lord's Name - they alone are blessed; O Nanak, they are the perfect Saints. [ SGGS Page319 ]
Twenty-four hours a day, he knows the Lord to be near at hand; he surrenders to the Sweet Will of God. The One Name is the Support of the Saints; they remain the dust of the feet of all. || 1 || Listen, to the way of life of the Saints O my Siblings of Destiny; their praises cannot be described. || 1 || Pause || Their occupation is the Naam, the Name of the Lord. The Kirtan, the Praise of the Lord, the
embodiment of bliss, is their rest.
Friends and enemies are one and the same to them. They know of no other than God. || 2 || They erase millions upon millions of sins. They dispel suffering; they are givers of the life of the soul. They are so brave; they are men of their word. The Saints have enticed Maya herself. || 3 || Their company is cherished even by the gods and the angels. Blessed is their Darshan, and fruitful is their service. With his palms pressed together, Nanak offers his prayer: O Lord, Treasure of Excellence, please bless me with the service of the Saints. [ SGGS Page 392 ]
The Saints are tolerant and good-natured; friends and enemies are the same to them. O Nanak, it is all the same to them, whether someone offers them all sorts of foods, or slanders them, or draws weapons to kill them. || 27 || They pay no attention to dishonour or disrespect. They are not bothered by gossip; the miseries of the world do not touch them. [SGGS Page 1356 ]

Question : What is pilgrimage ?
Answer : In spite of the many places of pilgrimage for people to bathe in, their minds are still stained by their stubborn ego; the Lord Master is not pleased by this at all. When will I find the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy? There, I shall be always in the ecstasy of the Lord, Har, Har, and my mind shall take its cleansing bath in the healing ointment of spiritual wisdom. [ SGGS Page 687 ]
Bathing at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, filth is not washed off. Religious rituals are all just egotistical displays. By pleasing and appeasing people, no one is saved. Without the Naam, they shall depart weeping. || 2 || Without the Lord's Name, the screen is not torn away. I have studied all the Shaastras and Simritees. He alone chants the Naam, whom the Lord Himself inspires to chant. He obtains all fruits and rewards, and merges in peace. || 3 || O Savior Lord, please save me! All peace and comforts are in Your Hand, God. Whatever you attach me to, to that I am attached, O my Lord and Master. O Nanak, the Lord is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. [ SGGS Page 890 ]
Repeating the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the mortal is exalted and glorified. Repeating the Naam, sin is banished from the body. Repeating the Naam, all festivals are celebrated. Repeating the Naam, one is cleansed at the sixty-eight sacred shrines. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is the Name of the Lord. The Guru has instructed me in the true essence of spiritual wisdom. [ SGGS Page 1142 ]

Question : What are 5 thieves or immoral deed ?
Answer : Within this body dwell the five thieves: sexual desire, anger, greed, emotional attachment and egotism. They plunder the Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not realise it; no one hears his complaint. The world is blind, and its dealings are blind as well; without the Guru, there is only pitch darkness. [ SGGS Page 600 ]
There are five of them, but I am all alone. How can I protect my hearth and home, O my mind? They are beating and plundering me over and over again; unto whom can I complain? [ SGGS Page 155 ]
The four castes and social classes, and the preachers with the six Shaastras on their finger-tips, the beautiful, the refined, the shapely and the wise - the five passions have enticed and beguiled them all. || 1 || Who has seized and conquered the five powerful fighters? Is there anyone strong enough? He alone, who conquers and defeats the five demons, is perfect in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. || Pause || They are so awesome and great; they cannot be controlled, and they do not run away. Their army is mighty and unyielding. Says Nanak, that humble being who is under the protection of the Saadh Sangat, crushes those terrible demons. [ SGGS Page 404 ]
The deer, the fish, the bumble bee, the moth and the elephant are destroyed, each for a single defect. So the one who is filled with the five incurable vices - what hope is there for him? [ SGGS Page 486 ]

Question : What is about household and housewife ( Marriage, family life ) ?
Answer : People wear all sorts of costumes and wander all around, but in their hearts and minds, they practice deception. They do not attain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence, and after death, they sink into manure. || 1 || O mind, remain detached in the midst of your household. Practicing truth, self-discipline and good deeds, the Gurmukh is enlightened. || 1 || Pause || Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, the mind is conquered, and one attains the State of Liberation in one's own home. So meditate on the Name of the Lord; join and merge with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. [ SGGS Page 26 ]
Why do the Yogis, the revellers, and the beggars wander in foreign lands? They do not understand the Word of the Guru's Shabad, and the essence of excellence within them. || 3 || The Pandits, the religious scholars, the teachers and astrologers, and those who endlessly read the Puraanas, do not know what is within; God is hidden deep within them. || 4 || Some penitents perform penance in the forests, and some dwell forever at sacred shrines. The unenlightened people do not understand themselves - why have they become denunciates? || 5 || Some control their sexual energy, and are known as celibates. But without the Guru's Word, they are not saved, and they wander in reincarnation. || 6 || Some are householders, servants, and seekers, attached to the Guru's Teachings. They hold fast to the Naam, to charity, to cleansing and purification; they remain awake in devotion to the Lord. [ SGGS Page 419 ]
O Nanak, meeting the True Guru, one comes to know the Perfect Way. While laughing, playing, dressing and eating, he is liberated. [ SGGS Page 522 ]
A good wife to care for my home - Your humble servant Dhanna begs for these things, Lord. [ SGGS Page 695 ]

Question : Are the women inferior or bad?
Answer : From woman, man is born; within woman, man is conceived; to woman he is engaged and married. Woman becomes his friend; through woman, the future generations come. When his woman dies, he seeks another woman; to woman he is bound. So why call her bad? From her, kings are born. From woman, woman is born; without woman, there would be no one at all. O Nanak, only the True Lord is without a woman. [SGGS Page 473 ]

Question : What is about adultery ?
Answer : Like the companionship of a poisonous snake, so is the desire for another's spouse. [SGGS Page 403 ]
Those men who go out to enjoy other men's women shall suffer in shame. Those who steal the wealth of others - how can their guilt be concealed? Those who chant(Nam Simran) the Sacred
Praises of the Lord save and redeem all their generations. O Lord! Those who listen(The Shabad inside our body) and
contemplate(Dhyan of His form, this is reffered to the form of Sant Satguru,not a photo or an idol, as the Lord nobody has seen, until Nam Simran is practiced , then Wahiguru is reached, through the Gurprasad of a Sajjan, of a Sant Satguru as stated in the JapJi Sahib)) the Supreme Lord God become pure and holy. [ SGGS Page 1362 ]
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Re: Some questions & answers as a seeker regarding spiritual

Postby carlos » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Some more questions in the spiritual path of a sikh, and the answers for them, that the Granth Sahib gives us:

* On the importance of human birth:

(1353-9, shsik®qI, mÚ 1)
nihfalaN tas-y janmas-y jaavad barahm na bindtay.
The mortal's life is fruitless, as long as he does not know God.

(1304-16, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
kichh sang na chaalai laakh karorai.
Of your thousands and millions, nothing shall go along with you.
(1304-16, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
parabh jee ko naam ant pakrorai.
Only the Name of God will call to you in the end. So we must try to get in touch with it as soon as possible, as we do not know, when will the pranas stop coming into our body and thus be late for us and we miss an unvaluable oportunity in meeting with Him.

*On how Nam acts upon us by meditating upon it, and what are the visble effects?
(1302-13, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
naamo gaavan naam Dhi-aavan naam hamaaray paraan aDhaarai.
I sing the Naam, and I meditate on the Naam. And thus The Naam is the Support of my breath of life.

(1302-14, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
naamo gi-aan naam isnaanaa har naam hamaaray kaaraj savaarai.
The Naam is spiritual wisdom, the Naam is my purifying bath. The Naam resolves all my affairs.

(1302-14, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
har naamo sobhaa naam badaa-ee bha-ojal bikham naam har taarai.
The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is glorious grandeur; the Naam is glorious greatness. The Name of the Lord carries me across the terrifying world-ocean.

*On rituals, man´s insignificance and His infinite power and grace:
1304-7, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
anik poojaa mai baho biDh khojee saa poojaa je har bhaavaas.
I have studied countless ways of worship in all sorts of ways, but that alone is worship, which is pleasing to the Lord's Will. An what worship pleases Him the most? Nam Simran. Because this is the only practice which takes us nearer to Him, not only that, but merges our consciousness in Him.
(1304-7, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
maatee kee ih putree joree ki-aa ayh karam kamaas.
This body-puppet is made of clay - what can it do by itself?
(1304-8, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
parabh baah pakar jis maarag paavhu so tuDh jant milaas.
O God, those humble beings meet You, whom You grasp by the arm, and place on the Path.

*What is the only important thing in this world and why?
1302-18, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
naam binaa jayto laptaa-i-o kachhoo nahee naahee kachh tayro.
Except for the Naam, whatever you are involved with is nothing - nothing is yours. Why is Nam so important , or better said the most important? Because it is the only power, beyond mind, parlay and mahaparlay. Every other thing is thus perishable , made of the 5 tattwas.

(1304-16, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
kichh sang na chaalai laakh karorai.
Of your thousands and millions, nothing shall go along with you. So do not waste time in useless things.
(1304-16, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
parabh jee ko naam ant pakrorai.
Only the Name of God will call to you in the end. And if this is so, why are we so stupids or mugadhs, that we fail to understand this simple truth.

Because we humans are uncapable of anything by ourselves, that is why Guru Sahiban has described our normal conditions:
kuchil kathor kapat kaamee.
I am filthy, hard-hearted, deceitful and obsessed with sexual desire. This means, we are wraped in darkness...how come anything good be the output then, though tiny?

We humans at most are, entangled in outer forms of worship, and for that again Guru Sahiban describes us in the following lines:
1301-14, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
jaap taap naym such sanjam naahee in biDhay chhutkaar.
Chanting and deep meditation, penance and austere self-discipline, fasting and purification - salvation does not come by any of these means.

*How is the Lord obtained? Again Guru Arjun Dev says it in Raag Kaanraa that:
(1300-9, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
pooran param jot parmaysur simrat paa-ee-ai maan.
Meditating in remembrance on the Perfect Supreme Divine Light, the Transcendent Lord. And what is this meditating on the Supreme Being or how is it to be done? Well, as seen before, this devotion is the highest one, and it is none other than Nam Simran.

Now we may ask ourselves, if we are nothing, how to get to know about this Nam which the Bani mentions and the qualities of Wahiguru...for that also Guru Sahiban has the following answer:

1300-12, kwnVw, mÚ 5)
saaDhsangat niDh har ko naam.
The Treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is found in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

Guru Arjun Dev, fifth patshahee, more clearly and with precise directions, wipes out our doubts on this matter of Nam and its importance:
(1357-1, shsik®qI, mÚ 5)
nach durlabhaN danaN roopaN nach durlabhaN savarag raajnah.
Wealth and beauty are not so difficult to obtain. Paradise and royal power are not so difficult to obtain.

nach durlabhaN bhojanaN biNjanaN nach durlabhaN savachh ambreh.
Foods and delicacies are not so difficult to obtain. Elegant clothes are not so difficuilt to obtain.
nach durlabhaN sut mitar bharaat baaNDhav nach durlabhaN banitaa bilaaseh.
Children, friends, siblings and relatives are not so difficult to obtain. The pleasures of woman are not so difficult to obtain.
nach durlabhaN bidi-aa parbeenaN nach durlabhaN chatur chanchleh.
Knowledge and wisdom are not so difficult to obtain. Cleverness and trickery are not so difficult to obtain.
durlabhaN ayk bhagvaan naamah naanak labDhi-yaN saaDhsang kirpaa parabhaN.
Only the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is difficult to obtain. O Nanak, it is only obtained by God's Grace, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

Thanks to our beloved Gurus, we are blessed with the eternal truth, in the form of their teachings.

Wah Wah Wahiguru Sache Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:38 pm

1 )

Well, it takes so long, because we have been eons away from our true Home.... in the meantime we have been collecting dirt, and got enchained in the creation with different bodies: physical, astral and causal, and mind, and vices, and a large army of extras....to the extent, that we have forgotten our true spiritual nature .... so naturally , it is going to take time to get ourselves cleaned and freed totally.

Then too, from the 24 hours in the day, very few percentage, are engaged in spiritual practices at most some hours of the day...so naturally the scale is still heavier in the creation´s side then on the spiritual one.

The creation has to go on for some reasons beyond our intellect, and for that purpose, imperfection has to continue ... if it was that easy to become enlightened, this side of the creation would start becoming empty, but it seems, that this is still not going to be in the near future...

So those who are conscious or aware of their spiritual nature, should be thankful to the Lord for it, and try their best and move firmly towards
the Light ... for we know, that these fortunate ones, are but a infinitely tiny fraction of the entire, sum up of beings.

Because grace is what makes us be positive, and we can only, at most, make ourselves, worthy of it, so to be fully be receptive to it.

As Krishna said to Arjuna, only actions are in your hands, not the fruits.

So actions here, means using our will, with responsibility, maturity, benevolence and humility.

2)

The answer is, definitely, yes. There are several ways to know, where are we standing or heading... to clear the doubts one may have ...but to answer that, one has to enter the pure realms of spirituality, and for that, we have to keep on asking for His grace, like a beggar at His door.

Grace which will be showered without limits on us, or better said, His grace is showered equally on all, but only receptivity makes the difference. Rain falls everywhere, but only those buckets get filled with water, which are turned upwards.

An the question about light which you mention ..... I could say, there are different levels or intensities or powers of light.

Just as candle gives light in the darkness, then we have a 40 watts bulb, or a 100 watts one, or we have moonlight, sunlight, or the twinkling stars, etc.

A new born baby has no knowledge, a child in a primary knows to write or read, then we have school students, then those in the universities, and then we have teachers, scholars, etc...education wise.

All of them have knowledge(light), but what differs in them, is that degree of knowledge. We could well say, all of them are at different conscious levels.

In the same way, each spiritual realm has different light and its own characteristics. And until, one has a proper guide, one is lost and deluded in this huge unlimited creation, one(soul) can never know, how far is one its true Home. Because only He(Satguru -Gurmukh-Brahamgyani-Sadh-Sant) who comes from there, can guide you throughout the way up to the end.

And the light or enlightenment we are here talking about, is the one we get, by merging ourselves in that Supreme Being, known also as, God, as Parmatma, as Wahiguru Akal Purukh, who is highest level of consciousness.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Enlightening, is just like breathing oxygen, which is not in any particular direction, we are surrounded and wrapped by it...we only have to breathe. In the same way, we are surrounded by, and immersed in divinity, it is only that, "we" have to open "our eyes"...no body can look for us ....we have to do only that much.

Somebody may guide us in achieving our objective, but ultimately, we have to make ourselves receptive to that divinity(Nam), which as said before, it is nowhere outside nor far...it is right within ourselves.

But in spite of having it within, we are without it.

Why?

Because of the veil of layers of impurities, so, according to the wise ones, the only thing we have to try hard with all our heart, mind and soul, is just, focus our attention on our objective(Akal Purukh), and sincerely put the efforts(Nam Bhakti/Simran), to removing those layers of dirt accumulated on our souls.

And that is, that simple as switching the light on. When the light appears, the darkness automatically and immediately runs away...but the switching on(Nam Abhyaas), has to be done by us.

Enlightened or not enlightened, the Natural Light, is the same for all, it is the right of all beings...nobody can say this is my (Sun)light....

The light is already there for everybody, and, it is our birthright, irrespective of color, class or creed.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 pm

What is the essence of Sikhism?
The essence is Wahiguru Akal Purukh Himself.
And He is mentioned in the Bani of our Gurus with different words, such as: Shabad, as Nao, as Nam, as Amrit.

Has this Shabad or Wahiguru any form or colour?
No, He has no form nor colour. He is aroop, He is Anami.

How then to realize this Nam?
Well, the Bani says: Jin Har japiya, se Har hoiya.

Is this Nam anywhere outside?
No, it is inside each one of us. Though it is present everywhere, but it is inside us,where it is to be realized, beyond the reach of mind. Just as butter is in the milk, or fire in the wood, but a technique, a jugtee,a sadhna, is needed to get them.So is Wahiguru, He is everywhere, but we need first a method, which can help us to realize Him, because, with the mind and the 5 senses, only material objects and beings, can be perceived and known, limited instruments are meant for limited objectives. We can see microscopic objectives, or with the help of huge telescopes, see planets or galaxies out of the reach of our eyes .....technology has developed a lot, and many more things can be done; but when it comes to deal with the Creator, the Primal Doer, we are lost, because we have no idea of where to start, we are limited beings with limited instruments at our disposition, and above all, limited knowledge.

Is He in the temples?
No.
in the churches?
No.
In the gurdwaras?
No.
In the mosques?
No.
In the rivers , mountains, places of pilgrimages?

Obviously not.

Do we need to belong to a particular religion or dharma to realize Him?
No.
Do we need to dress or talk a particular language for that purpose?
No.
Do we need to belong to a partucular land, race,dynasty, or country?
No.
Is there one God, or are there many, for different people of different religions and countries?

There is only one supreme being, Satnam. And He is for all, whether one believes, or whether one is an atheist, or whether one thinks, one is from some other religion, so my god is superior ... this all agyanta. The Bani clearly says: Sabna jeea ka iko Daata.

Why so much violence in name of religion? Why no love? Why so much hatred? Why no compassion or mercy?

First of all because of our narrow mindness, beacuse of our agyanta, of our dirty mind; dirt collected since we left our Father´s house: Sach Khand. Then the consequence is, that we become fanatics. And as such, we become manipulators, and instead of staying in His will, in His bhana; we want our will to show off, to dominate, then of course there are going to be clashes and disasters. And in spite of all this manmukhta and unjustices, the foolish in the end say: oh I am sacrificing my life for my religion, so I am going straight to heaven, to god .
Blood and pain can never take anybody to His court, rather to the court of Dharam Rai, who will punish heavily for this misbehavior. Because, life is a gift from Akal Purukh, to merge back in Him, by becoming pure, with the water of the devotion to His Lotus feet, and by applying the soap of Nam bhakti, on our minds.
Then when the chit is cleansed, He is seen everywhere; then only He exists, and His bhagats exists. There are no hindus, khalsas, christians, muslims, buddhists, jains nor jews....only the lovers(souls) and the Beloved(Wahiguru)exist.
There, the souls live eternally in bliss, by drinking the Amrit of Nam, poured out continuosly from Sach Khand, and graciously by Sat Purukh. Only Nam exists. Nam is the origin and end of everything.

Bani says: Jeta keeta teta Nao, bin Navay nahee kou thao. Shabde Dhartee ...Shabde Akash ..... Everything is created and done by the power of Shabad or Nam, without Nam or Shabad, nothing is possible, nothing can be possible ...only Nam, Nam and Nam is the unique truth, the unique reality.

Nam or Shabad is Wahiguru Himself, is His power.

And as long as, the jeeva (soul), do not try to get in touch with this Nam or Shabad, he is destined to remain dirty, and continue doing evil, continue chained in the chaurasee ka chakar.

Nam is the only soap, which can wash the filth of karmas...just like a spark is enough to burn tons of grass ....

Why is this so? Because as said before, Nam is the equivalent of Wahiguru. And as such, it is the only thing which is not made of the five elements, which are fanah, which are perishable; NAM is something beyond the limits and power of mind and Kal, so naturally, only Nam can be used as a weapon to win the cruel mind, the cruel Kal.
That is why in gurmat, supreme importance is given to Nam Bhakti. The full Granth Sahib is nothing, but mahima of Nam and Shabad.

And for our very delivrance from this creation, for gaining back our freedom, Gurmukhs wisely advice us to ask for this Nam from Akal Purukh.

That is why the Bani says: "MIL MERE GOBINDA, APNA NAM DEHO" .... which means, oh my Beloved Wahiguru, please, whenever you wish to come as a Gurmukh and meet me, allow me to be at your Lotus Feet, and bless me, only with your GURPRASAD of NAM.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Is anybody whom we can rely on and say, this, that or those are mine? Be it be family, friends, relatives, lands, country, properties, wealth ..... etc.
The bani clearly says:
ko-ay na kis hee sang kaahay garbee-ai.
No one is anyone's companion; why take any pride in others?

So let us not fool ourselves and trust board members, leaders, politicians and elected ones, so that they may play with our lives, feelings and emotions, let us not come under their influence and allow them to manipulate us with big empty words, slogans.

Because as the Bani says: Sat-sangat othe janiye ...... jithe Iko NAM vakhaniye. Means, not because some gather at some place to sing His mahima, becomes Sadh-Sangat.
Because, Sadh Sangat is created, is made in the company of a Gurmukh.
And what does this Gurmukh say or do? He will not induce anybody into politics, or disputes for lands, or fights with others ..... neither do any "karamaat". But He will only, and only exhort us to do one thing: Nam Bhakti. He is quite humble; He talks less, even if He is ill treated, He will not react but stay in peace .... but above all, His main purpose is to wake up us from all useless(spiritually ineffective) activities, and with the Gurprasad of Nam, unite us back with Wahiguru Akal Purukh. Because if there is anything to take us there(Sach Khand), it is only Nam.

That is why, Paanchvee Patshahee Guru Arjun Dev, in Raag Aasaa says:
ayk naam aaDhaar bha-ojal tarbee-ai.
With the Support of the One Name, this terrible world-ocean is crossed over.

And so the next natural question that arises in the mind is: who can give us this bakshish of Nam?

Guru Sahiban clearly answers:
sukh kaa naam niDhaan gurmukh gaavi-aa.
The Gurmukhs sing of the Naam, the treasure of true and everlasting happiness.

It is by the utter grace, daya meher from the Gurmukhs, that we become wadbhagee and listen the mahima and real value of Wahiguru and His Nam.

From the whole Bani, it is crysral clear, though we may not like to read or listen this, but, it is only Nam Bhakti, which is going to take us back to Him.

This is summary of the whole Granth sahib and the teachings of any Gurmukh of any time and age.

Ik Onkar, Sat Nam.
There is only one Lord: Wahiguru, and true and eternal as Him, is His Nam or Shabad.
Satgur, Parsad: And He (Wahiguru)is realized, when one gets the Gurparasd(the parsad of Nam, from a Gurmukh).

carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm

What is the purpose of each human being above anything, of each soul, of each sikh?

We all may agree and say, of course meet Wahiguru and become with Him.

So here, Panchvee Patshahee in Raag Bhairao, is giving us beautiful, simple and shortcut instructions, for that high and noble purpose. Now it is for us to be real sikhs and follow it, or, be manmukhs and follow the hollow ways of the world. It seems we care more for the world than our heavenly Father Satnam.

Because we are so entangled and busy in the worldly, and social rules and regulations in the form of religion or dharma, and trying to fulfill them, that we have lost totally the essence of the Bani of our Guru Sahibans.

So let us see what Guru Arjun Dev Jee is trying to convey us the message in this His shabad : satgur sayv, sarab fal paa-ay

First of all in the title of His shabad, He is saying that all spiritual fruits( spiritual realization or illumination)is possible only by serving or devoting to a pooran Satgur or Gurmukh. Now serving a Gurmukh, does not mean, serving Him physically, but it means, getting the Gurprasad from Him and doing it´s kamaee, doing it´s bhakti. The true Guru, does not accept even a penny from us, nor does He wants fame, neither any personal gain from us. He is already wealthy with the Dhan of Nam, of Shabad.
Why do we do bhakti of someone? Because we want to please him. So when we do Nam bhakti, we are pleasing our Gurmukh. And we may ask, why does the Gurmukh gets pleased by our Bhakti? Because, He sees that His sikh is doing all in his hands, to merge in Wahiguru Akal Purukh, by following His instructions at the time He bestowed His utter Daya Meher, in the form of Gurprasad.
Gurmukhs do not come to establish or form any new dharma or religion, be they from any social or geographical condition, nor do they mix up in politics, neither they incite us to give up our lives for blind purposes; they come for only one purpose or mission: to awaken us from maya, to kindle love for Akal Purukh in our hearts, and above all, to give the Gurprasad, to those wadhbhagee jeevas whom Wahiguru has already marked previously.

Some may feel disheartened and think, what about me ? If I am not wadbhagee, will I not meet Wahiguru?
The Bani says:poorab karam likhay, gun gaa-o Means if it is written so in my destiny, I shall meet a Gurmukh and get the Gurparsad, and then only oh my beloved Wahiguru, I shall be able to sing your praises, I shall be able to do the jaap of your Nao.

We have to understand things do not happen just like that. And so is our salvation.
But if we kill our ego, our haume, our manmat, our moorakhta, our agyanta, which keeps us away from the Gurmukhs; and go in their Sang( sadh-Sangat) we shall definetely get the benefit of their Daya Meher, and in this way we earn merits in the future, of getting the Guprasad from them. Because they are one with Dayal Purukh, or better said, they themselves are His embodiment. That is why the Bani says: saaDhoo sang hovai uDhaar, means in their company, we can save our souls.

Moreover the Bani says: Aapeh Har, Aapeh Satgur, Aapeh mel milaveh. You Yourself are the Lord, You Yourself are the Gurmukh, and You Yourself unite us with You.

So Guru Arjun Dev in His shabad is saying:
naanak paa-i-aa naam niDhaan.
Nanak has obtained the treasure of the Naam, from the Gurmukh.

And in the follwing line, He tells us what to do, when one gets that Gurprasad:
har jap jap uDhri-aa sagal jahaan.
Chanting and meditating on the Lord, the whole world is saved.

This means, do what (worship, rituals) you want, eat(any types of prasads), drink(any types of amrit), dress or go where you want(pilgrimages), but untill you do not do the jap, of Har Nao, your soul shall not be saved.

Now let us ask ourselves, how many of us do we follow this simple rule of our Fifth Nanak, Guru Arjun Dev? And then still we call ourselves sikhs? If we do not follow the siksha of the bani, how do we become sikhs just like that?

Let us profit our souls from the beautiful and the incomparable Bani left by our Guru Sahibans, by puting into practice what is written in it. Because it is our spiritual practice, what is going to take us to His Dargeh (abode).

Let us stop our childish and unmatured behaiviour, by our outer attention, and attach ourselves with the inner reality of Amrit, Nam or Shabad within us.

This is the essence of the teachings of our Guru Sahibans, and thus their purpose, of saving our souls, from Maya and Kal, by giving us the support of their Gurprasad.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 pm

In our Bani, terms like Gurmukh, Sant janah, Satgur Poorakh, Brahmgyani are frecuently mentioned,so, is it possible to meet them by our own will?

To this question, Satguru Guru Ram Das Jee in Raag Goojaree, gives us a clear and direct answer:

Jaa Har parabh bhaavai, taa Gurmukh maylay,
jhin vachan Guru Satgur man bhaa-i-aa.

When it pleases the Lord God, he causes us to meet the Gurmukhs; then words of the Guru, the Satguru, are very sweet to their minds.

So it is clear, that only those wadhbgee jeevas, marked by Wahiguru Akal Purukh, shall reach the Sadh Sangat, so then those with the right mental attitude, will accept Him, the rest will not accept, not only that, but shall also deny this fact of a Gurmukh´s importance and necessity, for our meeting with Wahiguru.

For those, who fail to recognize a true Gurmukh, due to their mental limitations and karmas, they can only pray, just as we are told in the bani:

Sun Sajjan Preetam Mereeya, meh satgur devoh dikhal...
O my dear beloved sweet Lord, grace me and bless me, with my finding and meeting with a Gurmukh of my time, so that I may get the jewel of Nam from Him, because, only by getting it, can I meet You, not otherwise.

We can see and learn from our wise Gurmukhs: they do not ask Wahiguru from Wahiguru Himself, because that is not possible; but they ask for His blessings , so that the blessed encounter or meeting with a Gurmukh may happen and take place while we are live, because then only, can we meet Him.

These are the words of our Guru Sahibans in their pure Bani, not limited by time nor space, they are eternal, and universal. No man can limit them.

Their words , their Bani, are evergreen, and a everflowing Amrit, those who believe and put into practice what is said by our Guru Sahibans, shall profit themselves with true love, mercy, devotion and forgivness from Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Wah wah Sache Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Well this question is really the problem for most of us? There is so much variety, of religions, of sadhus, gurus, yogis, priests, of religious leaders, monks...etc.

Most of us say Guru Granth Sahib is the Guru, but..., is it true what we say, or we pretend to say?
Or is it, for some things we say the Granth Sahib is the Guru...... because we are so mean, that we want to hear what our minds wants to listen and read, limiting it to our own centered self. Accepting something or someone as guru means to follow implicitly what it says. The Granth Sahib, is the bani of our beloved Guru Sahibans as well as the other Gurmukhs from other parts.

We must bear in mind, that what they said and taught, can not be confined to some few hundred years, and then we change it due to misunderstandings, or misconceptions...and due to this, a vast majority of us are going astray. Though we may protest, how can it be so? I do my paths, I have amrit, I follow the rehat maryada, I do this, I do that, and some more things.

But the fact is, what our Guru Sahibans taught us, and wanted to draw our attention, is not paid attention at all.
Have we ever asked ourselves, all those nice things mentioned in the Bani like: Darshan, Bireh, Sant Janas, Gurprasad, Gur Updesh, Gurmukhs, Satguru.....when mentioned in the Bani.......what were they referring to?
How can we just ignore these beautiful sentiments? The Bani as said before, can not be limited by us in time or space....It is like the fresh oxygen ... vital for all generations. All these things do exist, they were not meant, for the past. They are as much valid for the present as for the future. Who are we to limit them?
We are at most, as the Bani says: moorakhs, mugadhs, agyanis.... how can we know the real measure of our Gurus and their sweet Bani?

Gurprasad is meant one thing by our Gurus, and we understand it in a different way..... Terms like Satguru, Gurmukhs, Sant Janas, Gurmanter, Amrit, Nam, Shabad....which are the baselines of Gurmat...are all manipulated and presented to us in a different way and meaning... so naturally if the base is manipulated....how is the eddifce of Sikhism going to stand up?

We sikhs are known as brave and just...but when it comes to Gurmat, we close our eyes and ears, and do not want even to see what the Bani is saying or pointing at.... and then when some Gurmukh reminds us of the main lines and base lines of Gurmat... we slander them and abuse them....saying these people are fake, are going against sikhism. Just because, they draw our attention from all outer rituals, dogmas, politics, ceremonies created by us......to the only one eternal truth inside ourselves, which is Wahiguru Akal Purukh, and His Nam or Saacha Sao....so simple as that

But the truth is, that what we do not like to hear, is the truth. It willl take time to digest these truths and facts of the Bani, only we need to open sincerely our hearts and minds.

So let us see what Fifth Patshahee Guru Arjun Dev has to say, to the question in the begining:
Har Maarag Saadhhoo Dhasiaa, Japeeai Guramanth
हरि मारगु साधू दसिआ जपीऐ गुरमंतु ॥
The Holy Saint, has shown me the Way to the Lord; I chant the GurMantra.

He clearly says that: a Sant Satguru, a Gurmukh, has shown me the way to Wahiguru.
And so, which is that way?
Well, as he continues, He says: by His Gurmanter, by His Gurparasd, by His Updesh. Not any name chosen by us...but the one given by Him. And as the Bani says, it can be anything given by a Gurmukh...it can be A B C D E.... it can be 1 2 3 4 5 ...that is why it is said: Gur Bachnee, Har Nam oucharey....means the words, uttered to us by a Gurmukh, is Nam by itself, is Wahiguru manter itself....so Gurmanter is not what we want to repeat by taking it from the Bani by ourselves .... we have no right...it is their Bani....we just have to follow and obey, what is written in the Bani.

Jin Har japiya, se Har hoiya....Nam simran is the ladder to the Lord Wahiguru, to reach and merge in Him. And this anybody can do, whosoever gets the Gurprasd...not any particular country, land, community or race....the Bani of our Guru Sahibans is universal.
In that lies it´s beauty and validity.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:23 am

Are japas, tapas, rituals, ceremonies, silence, paths, pilgrimages ......the solutions to the question above in the post?

Before referring the Bani, let us have an internal look at ourselves, of our mental and spiritual conditions.

As the bani says: Gyan, Dhyan, kuch karam na jaana, saar na jaana Teree....Means, I possess no spiritual knowledge, neither I know any way to meditate on you....nor my actions have any merits... and above all, I do not even know how to sing adecuately your virtues, your glory.

This is the condition of each one of us. So then how to learn ruhaniyat, spirituality, the real method of love and devotion to Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

And we all know, and agree, Wahiguru is beyond our intelect, senses and mind...He is infinite....while we are just a drop of that infinite huge Ocean of love, bliss and bakshish of Daya Meher. How can we ever know something about Him? We are spiritually blind, and we possess no merits, covered by layers upon layers of filth...so defenitely, by ourselves we can never even imagine such a noble thing, of knowing somethig about Him.

Unless, He Himself wants to reveal Himself to us, by singing His glory, by showering us with His Daya Meher, to wash away our precious impurities...it is only then....we have no choice, we are totally dependendant upon His grace.

That is why the bani says: Se simreh, jisne Aap simrae ......that means: Only those wadbhagee jeevas, souls meditate upon You...whom You want only to return back and merge in You. The rest are busy with the world, rites, rituals and politics...at a worldly level we may appear spititually inclined...but the fact is, if we are not attached to Nam, we have done nothing...as the Bani says, we are decorating just a dead corspe.

Now if we are all spiritually blind, how ever to know something accurately about Him?

We need to have a correct source. Before proceeding, let us bear in mind, that, Wahiguru Akal Purukh is above all, a state of Consciousness, Bliss and Truth.....Virtues, which can not be established or infused in stones, water, paper, fire or metal...as all these elements are "jarr", means without any Consciousness, means lifeless.
They themselves, do not know about their consiousless state, so how can our devotion to these objects, or pieces made from them, help us or guide us.

Our Bani, has the answer to this our main question of, how shall we ever know anything about Satpurukh?

First of all it says: Awar kaaj tere kiteh na kam....mil Sadh Sangat aur bhaj kewal Nam. Have we ever asked ourselves why so much stress is given in the Bani, to the Sadhs, the Sant janas, the Gurmukhs? Because all spiritual knowledge and benefits are obtained by joining and taking refuge at the holy feet of the beloved ones of Wahiguru, which are the Gurmukhs themselves.

All the Granth Sahib is nothing, but mahima of these Gurmukhs and their grace, their Gurprasad...

Outwardly, these Gurmukhs look like us, but we should be careful, not to confuse them with ordinary people like us....

Why has it to be so? It is not just coincidental, or because we are born in a particular community, land, race or country.

But because our Guru Sahibans themselves have laid down this equation for us: Wahiguru = Gurmukh + Gurprasad. All of these are very much interrelated, without any one of them , the other two are not possible.

Wahiguru Akal Purukh is infinitely much wise, than us humans....there is no doubt about it. He knows, about our capacity of going insane, deep into nonsense and foolishness very easily. That is why, they have left their pure Bani, for us, for our spiritual uplift....to be checked by us on a regular basis, for all our spiritual affairs.

Each word in the Bani, is more precious than any amount of jewels, gold or diamonds, or gods, godesses, devis, devtas...

One single line can change our lives, if only, understood in the correct way.

So the answer to the question above, naturally comes out from the Bani.

It beautifully and clearly says:
Ik Onkar
Satgur Prasad.

It says: Satgur, Sadh or Gurmukh, is the key to Wahiguru.

Why?

Beacuse, as the Bani says: Aapeh Satgur, Aapeh Har, Aapeh mel milaveh

Though it is very clear where the Bani is pointing us, but if there were any doubts still left....the Bani again says: "Har jee baseh, Sadh kee rasna".... Means, the Lord Himself talks and acts through a Sadh, a Gurmukh.
Why?
Because, these Gurmukhs , Sant Janas, Sadhs....are the embodiment of Wahiguru Himself. He talks to us through them, He makes Himself near, dear and available to us humans, which otherwise, can never even imagine anything about Him. Who else can talk to us, so preciseley and accurately about Him? Except, of these Gurmukhs who have thier mind, body and soul merged in Him, through devotion, they are totally absorbed in Him, have become one with Him and are Him.

At other place the Bani says: Jevad Aap, te vad Teree daat...As big you are, so big is your gift to us...... And His gift to us, is not money, name, fame, sons, properties...which are due to our karmas and are ephimeral....But His precious and unperishable priceless gift , is His bakshish, of His Gurprasad, of His Nam... which is to be had only from a Gurmukh.

Wah wah Sachey Badshah,
sabna jeea ka iko Daata.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 pm

WHO IS A WADHBAGEE, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl

The answer to this question is given to us by Dhan Dhan Sree Guru Arjun Dev Jee, in His sacred Bani, Raag Gauree Gwaarayree .

Many may think that, having good luck in studies, business, in family relations, in gambling, exams, etc.... is being a wadhbagee.

This is a worldly lower point of view, typical of manmukhs. From the Gurmat point of view, it means to be favoured by Wahiguru Akal Purukh Himself.

Any other thing we may get or not get, is due to our karmas. And anything due to karmas, is temporary, is surely going to fade, and decay away one day, just as our bodies, and anything made from the 5 tattwas. At most, they(our good karmas) are golden chains upon us. But not beacuse of that, we are in better conditions to be free. We are still prisoners, in the creation.

Wahiguru is the Master, the Kartar, the director of this, His very creation; it is up to Him, what He wants to do with it. He does not take the opinion of none of us. He knows best.

And so, if He wants to keep running this creation, imperfections in it must continue existing. He is perfect, and above all imperfections. It is He who chooses, whom He wants to pull back to Him, and make that soul one with Him, and these souls are few, counted with the fingers of our hands. The rest remain here, so that the creation goes on, no Kal, or Maha Kal decides that, this very Kal, of whom the whole world fears, is just but a faithful servant of Wahiguru, without him, the souls (majority) would never want to go back to our Nijh Ghar-"Sach-Khand". Wahiguru is so wise and intelligent... everything He does, has a purpose, a meaning.

So, those souls who have evolved for better in the creation, are marked by Akal Purukh, to recieve His bakshish, His Daya Meher...and it is this receving of His grace which makes a soul a wadhbagee "jeeva", because this gift, this "daat" received from Wahiguru is everlasting as Himself. And this bakshish received from Wahiguru, acts as a magent inside that soul, because slowly and slowly, that soul starts getting pulled towards Wahiguru, by first getting off the rust of karamas and maya, and then the pull is so much more powerful, that finally in due time, it merges in Wahiguru.

This is the mahanta of Wahiguru.

So, in today´s lines taken from the Bani, Sree Satguru Arjun Dev Saache Badshah, is telling us who is a wadhbagee:

naam a-ukhaDh so-ee jan paavai.
He alone receives the panacea, the medicine of the Naam,

kar kirpaa jis aap divaavai.
unto whom the Lord, in His Grace, bestows it.

He is clearly saying, to whom He wants, He gives to that soul, the bakshish of His Nam(through a Sadh, a Gurmukh,a Sant Jan).
As we know the bani says:"Jis vakhar ko lain tu aaya, Ram Nam, Santan ghar paaya"

And then in the following lines He explains us, what happens, when that wadhbagee soul gets the Gurprasad, the Updesh from a Gurmukh.

har har naam jaa kai hirdai vasai
One whose heart is filled with the Name of the Lord, Har, Har

dookh darad tih naanak nasai.
O Nanak, his pains and sorrows are eliminated.

He says, when that soul receives the blessing of Nam from a Gurmukh, and by following implicily His instructions(Nam abhyaas or Nam bhakti), his whole body is filled by the divine vibrations of Nam, and as the result of this parctice, that soul is freed from the cycle of births and deaths(pains and sorrows), once and for ever, and that very soul, becomes one with the ocean of Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

This is the mahima of Wahiguru, of His Sant Jan, His Gurmukhs, and His very essence, as "NAM".
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:27 am

Why is it that we compulsory need the guidance of a Gurmukh or a Sadh, for our self realization and then for the Divine realization? What has the Gurbani to say upon this matter?

First of all, all the Granth Sahib, or any other Granth of any true Gurmukh, be it may, from any time or place, it is nothing but Mahima of Wahiguru, Gurmukh Jans and Nam...which appear in 3 different aspects, but are same in essence : Shabad.

We do get nothing by bowing in reverence to anything, but by applying it, and putting into action what is instructed to us. And in that aspect our Bani is very very clear, without any double meanings....it is we who have not understood the Bani, and limited our vision by outer applications, which have nothing to do with "ruhaniyat" or spirituality.

So going back to the question of today stated above, fifth Patshahee Dhan Dhan Guru Arjun Dev says:

"Har jee baseh, Sadh kee rasna" This means, Wahiguru Himself come and abides in a human being, because, only when He is in the embodiment of a human being can He give the Bhed or Updesh, the Gurparsad. It is very clear in the words of Guru Sahiban, Wahiguru does not establish Himself in any lifeless or "jarr" things or places.

At other place Guru Sahiban says: "Sant sang, Prabh anter dittha."
This means, only in the company of a Gurmukh, a Sant Jan, could I have the Darshan of Wahiguru.
But then, we can ask ourselves, Darshan where? Is it in any temple, church, masjid or Gurdwara? Or in any place of pilgrimage? Was it in any image or
statue or lifeless things?

No, no, no .........
It was in the Harmandir made by Akal Purukh Himself where He resides, and that is our human body. And with the daya meher , the guidance of a Gurmukh. That is why it says SANT SANG, which means it is essential the Sharan of a Sadh, and so the result is: PRABH ANTER DITTHA, means inside our true self.

This is the laksh, the characteristic of a true Gurmukh. He will ask for nothing, but will give the Gurparsad, and make us realize the Divine Wahiguru, within ourselves, with our efforts and His Daya Meher. No flowers, no incense, no lights, no lamps, nothing of that sort is needed....but only bhakti and pyar, and the thirst for His darshan.

Brothers, we may like it or not, but the bani of our Guru Sahibans is utter truth, it was not meant for a particular period of time or space, it is eternal and for all the humanity. We only have to widen the horizons of our minds, and be sincere at our hearts, so as to fill it with His bhana and bakshish of Daya Meher.

The path laid by our Guru Sahibans, is, a path of practice of Nam Simran, not of rituals or dogmas in which we have bound ourselves. The day we leave this world, we are going to be judged for our karmas, and the amount of Nam Dhan we have gathered while we were alive.

Nobody will ask, if we were a hindu, a sikh, a muslim or a issaee, but only, if we have enriched our lives with the Nam Simran given to us by a Gurmukh.

Let nobody fool us, and make us loose our precious human birth. So let us read and understand the Bani and put it into practice with all our mind and soul.

Wah wah Saache Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:43 pm

How or when do we become a sikh, a disciple of a Satguru or a Gurmukh?

The Granth Sahib, to whom, we take as a guru, as a guide in spirituality, has also an answer for it, and gives us the right directions to go and find our goal or purpose of life. We must bear in mind, that our Guru Sahibans are very wise, full of spritual gyan, as they are one with Wahiguru Akal Purukh, they know about our human nonsense and stupidity ... and to extent we can degrade ourselves, that is why they left the Granth Sahib for us, and said: Guru maaniyo Granth, means, find out and accept the Gurmukh, according to the characteristics described in the Granth Sahib.

It mentions many a times, that particular being as: a Gurmukh, a Sant Jana, a Brahmgyani, a Sadh .... all these terms are synonymous...but refer to the same active power of Wahiguru in them, the power of Shabad or Nam. And the support of this affirmation of truth, is in the following quotes of Gurmat:

Prabh Jee baseh, Sadh kee rasna : The Lord Wahiguru resides in a Gurmukh, thus speaks the words uttered by a Gurmukh.

Prabh Jee baesh, Sadh ke hirday: The Lord Wahiguru, resides in the the very being of a Gurmukh, so naturally whatever He thinks, says or does, is done in the will of Akal Purukh.

Nanak, Sadh, Prabh, bhed nahee bahee: Nanak proclaims, there is no difference between a Sadh, a Gurmukh and the one Lord Wahiguru.

And at other place it is more clear, when it says:
Ghar mein Ghaar dikhae, so Satgur Purukh sujan.

Means, He, who shows you, your true home(Sach Khand) inside yourself(your body), take Him as a Satguru. Let us pay a careful attention to these beautiful words once again.... it does not say, take him as a guru, who just tells you do this or that ....but it says: He is with you inside you at all times, goes with you and guides you up to Sach Khand with His light, His grace, His mercy and His infinite love.

That is why the Bani also says: Sant sang, Prabh anter deetha. Means, only in the company of such a Satguru, could I have the darshan of Wahiguru.

Gurus are in thousands, but the one which is of our interest, is the one Guru Granth Sahib has just described it for us above.
So we can clearly understand, that a Gurmukh, is not the body, it is that power of Shabad , of Nam, which is working in the physical frame of a Gurmukh.

Because, as we know no physical body, can go inside another physical body to reveal the divinity in us .... it is senseless, it is utter nonsense... and we all well know, the Bani of our Gurmukhs is utter truth, in all times and places. Nobody can change it.

And there is no true sikh, wihtout that type of true Gurmukh descrbed above; so It says:
Darshan dekh jeeva Gur tera,
pooran karam hoveh Prabh mera
:

It is by a very good fortune or destiny that, by His grace alone, that one comes in the shelter of such a Gurmukh.

Then what does the sikh asks for, when he arrives in the company of such a Satguru?
The sikh prays and says: Ehe Benanti suno Prabh mere, deh Nam, kar apne chere.

This means: my Lord, I have only one plead, one request at your holy feet.... give me a particle of your bakshish of Nam bhakti, Nam dhan, so that I may be entitled to call myself, a sikh, a disciple of Yours ....

This is in a nutshell, the Gurmat taught by all true Gurmukhs of all times and places, and thus also the gyan given to us by Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj, which is : Satpurukh, Gurmukh and Sadh kee sangat, or His company, which works on us as a Philosopher´s stone, on our corrupted and rusted minds, thus cleaning us from all impurities.

Wah wah Sachay Badshah, kaun janeh gun Tere.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, the differences are many... but the most remarkable is that, while a Gurmukh, comes to liberate us from this world, with the sword of Nam, to cut from the roots all our karmas and attachments, and take us along with Him, to our true home Sach Khand, and on the other hand, we want to imprison, retain and bind them here in the creation, with our ignorance and limitations, by saying that He is now worshipable in papers, books, stones, walls, bricks, statues, water, mountains, etc. How silly and "mugadhs" are we..... our nonsense has no limits.

By being so long in the chaurasee ka chakar, we have taken this mayavee creation as our true land...up to the extent that we do not understand nor follow the teachings of our Guru Sahibans, and behave as mad people, drunkards, with the liquor of maya and haume, and instead of going to our True Home, we do all sort of nonsense, act against the principles of Gurmat, and thus condem ourselves perpetually in this creation of Kal.

But no matter how stupid we all are, Wahiguru comes time after time as a Gurmukh, to show us the way, the light, with the power and love of Nam alone, to guide and take back with Him(Gurmukh), to those few handful of jeevas(souls), who come to their shelter, and take the Amrit of their bakshish of Gurparasd of Nam.

These days, we can see so many disasters have ocurred at the so called pilgrimages, where the manmukhs go to worship and adore, in their manmukhta do idol worship, of the lifeless .... of the conciousless ....

Let us use a little bit of common sense. Wahiguru Akal Purukh, is all powerful, if He was in those lifless objects and items...surely no disaster can dare to come and hurt to those devotees; even those statutes and figures at the pilgrimages scenes get destroyed by the action of nature forces. Let us try to seek Him where the Bani says, and then surely our lives will never be in danger: Prabh Jee baseh, Sadh Ke hirdeh. Har Simran meh aap Nirankara ....

Wahiguru is inside us, and so is Sach Khand, but has anybody ever heard, that there were tsunamis, heavy rainfalls, floods, earthquakes or storms in Sach Khand? Then why do we fail to understand that Wahiguru, can never be found in lifless and inert things.

His one ray , gives life. And the withdrawl of that ray of divinity, makes those things made of all the five elements or even one self...lifeless.

How can we ever think even, of bottleing Wahiguru in lifeless things ? .... It is ridiculous.

So simple, but we foolish, never understand this, and start fighting and quarelling and saying, my religion is superior to others, and then we ritualize the teachings of Gurmat, give it the name of so and so religion, and become fanatics... to the extent that we do not want to live, but die and kill in the name of "my religion".

Shame on all of us.

Wahiguru does not want our lives, He just wants our filthy minds and haume or ego, at His lotus feet with Nam Simran, so that we may become pure, and be able to merge in Him. This is the message of a true Gurmukh of any time and any place.

Wah Wah Sachay Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:05 pm

What is the wall of separation between the souls and the Lord Wahiguru?
The thick wall of separation is of our sins.

And how are sins created?
Well, sins are created with and by the mind. And as soul and mind are knotted together, so any sins committed by the mind, the soul has to suffer.

Are karmas sins?
Karmas can be bad or good. Bad karmas are naturally sins, but good karmas are also a barrier between souls and Akal Purukh, because ultimately, they also pull down the soul to the creation of reincarnation.
Anything performed in the three worlds( physical, astral or causal) implies karmas. We can not remain "karmaless". No amount of, "yog, jap, tap, rituals, poojas, path, fastings, pilgrimages" can save our souls. And the biggest example we have of this, is of Ravan. That even after so much penances, and powers aquired, he died like a dog. Such is the web spread by Kal and Maya. No body can escape.

Is there anything we can do, which does not bind us in creating karmas, and make us karmaless, even while doing them?
Definetely yes, according to Gurmat. This is the guarantee of our Guru Sahibans.
Their instructions, not only, do not engage us in new karmas, but also clean or burn our storage of all karmas.
Sree Guru Ram Das Satguru Maharaj, in his Amrit Bani in Raag Sarang, clarifies all our doubts and fears in His following words:

ਹਰਿ ਰਾਮ ਬੋਲਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਮ ਬੋਲਿ ਸਭਿ ਪਾਪ ਗਵਾਧੂ
Har Ram Bol, Har Ram Bol, Sabh Pap Gavadhhoo
हरि राम बोलि हरि राम बोलि सभि पाप गवाधू ॥
Chant the Name of the Lord, chant the Name of the Lord. It shall rid you of all your sins.

Now, how or from where is that Nam got?
The Bani says:
Nam amolak ratan hae, Pooray Satgur paas.

He says, repeat again and again, the nirmal manth, the Gurparasd got from a Gurmukh, and all your sins shall be washed away.

Sins and dirt are washed by the Nam alone, which is the real Amrit poured by Wahiguru Himself, and not by drinking outer amrits, or bathing in "pools, rivers or tanks", nor by torturing the bodies ... as the Bani says: nimakh nimakh kar sareer katave, tau bee haume mael na jaaveh. This means, cut you may, your body into small pieces, even then your ego, your pride, or your sins shall not be diminished. Neither by giving your life as sacrifice in the name of god .... this is all agaynta ..... infused by moorakhs manmukhs .

Giving up lives, or taking lives, is a very big sin. So let nobody fool us, and make us miss our aim in this human life of finding and meeting Akal Purukh.

Wah Wah Sachay Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Return to Introductions