sikhism

Issues, Problems, Society, Share your views

Re: sikhism

Postby carlos » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:26 pm

The object of any being is to be one with Wahiguru. As we have seen already the importance of meeting with a Gurmukh and getting the Gurprasad from Him.

Why is this so or has to be so?

Because only then can we do its "kamaee"....

And as Guru Amar Das says, the Lord Har is omnipresent, but even then we can not see Him; but if ever, we have to see Him, we should find a Satguru of our time, get the bhed or jugtee of Nam from Him and do it´s kamaee, as it is seen in the following line of Raag Gujri:

ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਦਾ ਹੈ ਦਿਸੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਮਾਇ ॥
Saahib Maeraa Sadhaa Hai, Dhisai Sabadh Kamaae ||

He clearly says "Shabad Kamaee"....and if this so, let us ask ourselves...am I doing this, or other things like outer rituals and worship?

साहिबु मेरा सदा है दिसै सबदु कमाइ ॥
My Master is eternal*( is always present). He is seen by practicing the Word of the Shabad.

22775 ਗੂਜਰੀ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ:੧ (ਮ: ੩) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੦੯ ਪੰ. ੪
Raag Gujri Ki Vaar Guru Amar Das

At other place in the Bani, it is said: Jin har Japiya...se Har hoye

So what else proofs do we need? At each parragraph, at each page of the Bani...only mahima of Satnam, Satguru and Shabad is done!
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 pm

Sikhism is a way, a path, where only two go hand by hand, to ultimately become one with Him.
No single, no triple nor multiple.
It is path to be treaded by two. If they are not two, it can not be travelled.
And two here means, a Gurmukh and a Gursikh, a Satguru and a sewak, a Beloved and a lover.
Sikhism means, discipleship. And to be a disciple, or a sikh, means to follow a discipline. The discipline of Gurmat.
Now, the question is, who is a Gurmukh? Who is a Satguru? Let us ponder a little bit on this issue, before we continue further, because there are a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings revolving around it, and due to it, many of us are misled to agyanta, or utter darkness, to maya.

First of all, who are we? Are we the body? Obviously not, because the physicall body is just a covering, a garment, which gets old and torn. So then, who are we? The answer is, we are a microscopic particle, a soul, of the infinite ocean Wahiguru Akal Purukh.
And then, let us see, who is a Gurmukh? Is he a human being like us? Yes. He also looks like us, (like all our Guru Sahibans, and the true Gurmukhs in the rest of the world, though fewer), He also one day, has to leave the world like us. So if the body is just a covering, what to say about the soul?

Well, the soul is not related to the body, nor to the mind; it is Consciousness, related to it´s origin, the Suprconsciousness Parbrham Parmeshwar.

The difference between a Gurmukh and a gursikh, is , their level of consciousness. While one(gursikh) is limited and is a prisoner in the creation, ovepowered by mind, maya, karmas and Kal.... the other one(Gurmukh), has His consciousness in the lap of Satpurush, is free and all powerful, He is the master of everything, is the beloved one of Wahiguru, and Wahiguru does, as this (Gurmukh) wishes. Why is this so? Because, the Gurmukhs, Satgurus, come to our human level, with the message of love and mercy (Daya Meher) of Akal Purukh. They are the embodiment of Akal Purukh, that is why they are not subject to any limitations like us. But inspite of being all powerfull, they remain content and work under the laws of nature. They do not display miracolous powers. Thet do not want masses, they accept real lovers of Satpurukh, who are brave and are ready to play the game of love....which leads them to merge and blend in the end, their souls in Wahiguru.

And what is that message? The message of Wahiguru is: hey my dear souls, I know your sufferings, you have been away from me since aeons, Kal has entrapped you with maya, and you shout for help in pain and despair.

So believe firmly, and listen carefully to my Beloved Son, Gurmukh; and get from Him, the method or jugtee, to break all your chains and be free, so that your soul may return back to me, with the guiding hand of the Satguru at all times (aithe outhe naal).

Now the prasad that they(Gurmukhs) give in form of jugtee or bhed, is the blessing of Nam. The Bani says: Gur bachnee, Har Nam oucharey. Means, the gurmanter, the words that a Gurmukh gives to us, lead us, to be one with that primal Nam or Shabad.

Now this just does not end like that. Once a relation or bond is established between a Gurmukh and a Gursikh, this does not breaks or ends just like that. Beacuse, now the responsibilty and duty of taking back that particular blessed or "wadbhagee" soul back to Akal Purukh, has just commenced; any or both may leave the physicall body, but it is carried on the astral or causal planes, with their respective astral and causal bodies; then only they cross Par Braham.

And here it is, when the soul really realizes the need and guidance of a Gurmukh. Once ParBraham is reached, there is utter darkness, though the soul has the equivalent light of sixteen Suns, even then, there is such darkness, that it can not move even an inch. As we know guru means light, and Sat means truth, so there, that Gurmukh who has that radiance of Wahiguru Himself, helps to cross that soul, all the inner stages and make that soul reach safely in Sach Khand, in the lap of it´s real Father, Satpurush. That is why, the Bani says: Sant sang, Prabh anter deetha. Means, with the company of a "Sant", a "Gurmukh", I was able to have the darshan of the Lord Wahiguru, and then merged in Him.

Oh my God! what glory can be sung of such a Satguru, of a Gurmukh? Just as good as impossible!

This is the wondrous job of a Gurmukh. This is the Satguru we talk in Gurmat and love Him, not any other mortal human being. Gurmukh is that Guru, who is not limited to the physical. He is not like our school teachers, from whom we learn, but then we go to one place, and they remain or go to other places, they do not know anything more about us.

Now this is, just about our worldly limited "gurus or teachers", from whom we learn sikhiya. But then, what to say, about those transient, perishable idols of paper, wood, metal or stone, whom the whole world worships in one way or the other.

When we leave this world, and they reamin here, until they are destroyed; how can they guide us inside, when our souls leave this plane?
So it is clear, only that human body which has the living consciousness level of Wahiguru, can be worthy and entitled to be called a Satguru or a Gurmukh, and the one, which can give us the Gurprsad, and guide us in the inner spiritual stages.

That is why, from the Bani, we can realize the supreme importance of a Gurmukh. For example at one place it says: Mil mere Gobinda, apna Nam deho. This means, come and meet me my Lord, and bless me with your Nam.

Now let us think and reason logically, if that Gobind, does not come at our human level as a human being, how shall He come? Can He come as an animal ? No, we can never understand it´s language, and it is below the human category.

Wahiguru can never go in those joonees, neither as a plant or tree, neither as a ghost. It has to be at our level, to make us understand the truths of the Bani, and at the same time give us His Gurprasad.
Let us observe carefully, the bani does not say, hey my Gobind, show me yourself. Rather, come and meet me as a Gurmukh and give me the bakshish of your Nam.

Because, the Gurmukhs know, only when there is Gurprasad, can Gobind be realized; and to obtain Gurprasad, a Gurmukh is essential.

At other place in the Bani, it is said: Sun Sajjan Preetam mereeya, meh Satgur devoh dhikal, again, it does not say hey Wahiguru, give me your darshan...rather it says: o my beleoved friend Lord, bless me, so that I come across a Satguru, a Gurmukh...

It is this type of Gurmukhs which we have to look and find for our spiritual uplift. These words are not mine made, these words are from the Guru Granth Sahib itself, we may take any ang, it is the same, it is only that we are misled, so that we may never ever think and act according to the teachings of the Bani, but just superficially and outwardly, there where is no ruhaniyat.
The ocean of ruhaniyat is inside, and we are not being allowed to go deep, by the manmukhs, which themselves are deluded in agyanta, neither they understand the Bani, nor they want others to do so. And if anybody like Gurmukhs tell us the truth, these manmukhs create a havoc in the society, and start slandering and abusing them, either verbally or phisically.

We may like it or not, but the Bani is very simple and clear, inspite of manipulations and misunderstandings, Satpurukh, Satguru and Nam, are the only objectives of our souls, nothing more nothing less, this is what our Guru Granth Sahib, tells us, from each of it´s Angs.

Have we ever stopped to think, how we are being manipulated and diverted away from the truths in the Bani, that lead us to find a Gurmukh and achieve our objective of being one with Wahiguru? We have already limitations upon us, such as land, name, mazab, religion, country, race, social status, so many discriminations...and then we put more chains on, of rituals, dogmas, codes of conduct, pilgrimages......and a large etc. So, how can we find our true way?

The bani clearly says and simply: Jin Har japiya, se Har hoeeya.

The cause of our imprisonment is our attachments and desires for this world, that pull us down here. And the cause of our liberation is also going to be our attachment with a Gurmukh.

Why? Because, our attachements with the perishable and unconsciouss, brings and bind us back here, and our love and attachement with the enlightened, liberated and eternal(Gurmukh), makes us free, enlightened and pure just as the Gurmukh Himself.

That is why our Bani says : Dhan so wela jit Darshan karna, haun balharee Satgur Charna. Lakh khusheeya Patshaeeya, jeh, Satguru nazar kareh.

What is this nazar about?
It is His bakshish, of Gurprasad.

Wah wah sache Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Sikhism, is a path based on a relation of love, faith and devotion towards Wahiguru Akal Purukh, not on rules and regulations.
And this path has been laid down by our beloved Guru Sahibans, to walk through it, with bravery, purity and full courage, so that at the end, we get a glimpse of the most beautiful...Wahiguru Akal Purukh.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:26 pm

The teachings of our Guru Sahibans, of the Gurmukhs are nothing, but mahima of Wahiguru Akal Purukh. While all religions are based, bound and confined to the four walls of rules and regulations.

Their teachings(Gurmat), deal only for the liberation of the soul by attaching itself to the power of Shabad or Nam, in a practical way of jugtee or bhed given by a Gurmukh.

Their teachings deal only with one Wahiguru Akal Purukh. They know that, all other human activities are traps to keep the soul imprisoned in the creation...nothing except Nam Bhakti can liberate the soul and thus allow it to merge in it´s origin, Akal Purukh.

This is their only message, only bakshish, only dharam, mazab or call it may religion .... and this dharam is simple , natural, and straightforward, and above all it is universal and liberator in the true sense.

That is why, the Bani says:
Sarb Dharam meh shresht Dharam, Har ko Naam jup nirmal karam.

This is the real unpolluted sikhism.

So simple. no?

On the other side, we majority of manmukhs have reduced their teachings(Gurmat) to mere theory .... rules ..... regulations, symbols, slogans, comittees, mixed it with our own limitations and politics ...and unjustly covered them under the name of the religion of sikhism, and thus lost of sight, the only one eternal reality Nam or Shabad ....

And then what else, do we do? Well, once having lost of sight their teachings ....we defend our own new imposed ideals and ideas, then we fight for them, up to the extent that we can kill and illtreat anybody not agreeing with these our false and manipulated ideals, made by ourselves; not by our Guru Sahibans.

When they themselves have said that Nam Simran is the only real and highest religion, why do we have the need to create a ritualistic religion like the rest of the world? Are we not going against their teachings? Is this not a disrespect to them?
We forget and forsake their teachings, and on the other side we keep alive our ideals and fight for them .....

No Gurmukhs ever come to establish a new religion ....they are only concerned with Wahiguru and His will or Bhana ...which they share with us humans, for our own benefits.

Please. please, please ... let us be more human beings, by being more tolerant, humble, forgiving, and above all being lovely to our fellow human beings. No spiritual achievements are possible, if we first do not become humans and remove all filth of anger and revenge, which are demonly qualities.

May Wahiguru bless us all with His Daya Meher, so that we may adjust ourselves to His will, and not the other way, that we want Him to adjust Himself to our limitations, likes and dislikes, taking Him, like the Aaladino`s Genie. We are the most stupid.

We have never ever seen any god, but we fight and kill in His name, like if He were our property or flag. While the Gurmukhs who are His witness, like Christ, like Guru Arjun Dev and others, always say "tera bhana meetha laage". This is the difference between we manmukhs and ignorant, and them, the Gurmukhs.

They(Gurmukhs) know, they keep quiet and they forgive. While we are blind, we know nothing and we constantly create conflicts, disputes and wars. Our dumbness has neither limit nor word to name it adequately.

Wah wah Sachhe Badsah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm

What does the word religion mean?

This word religion comes from the latin langauge,"religare", means union with the origin. That´s it.

And consequently, real religion is that which unites us with the Lord.

And if it is so, what is it, that does so?

Our Guru Sahibans, have the answer for this. Their simple and direct teachings give us the correct direction to walk and achieve that particular and noble aim, namely Wahiguru.

Our Gurus do not entangle us in any type of symbols nor slogans, neither any rules nor regulations .... they only have Wahiguru as their support.

Wahiguru is the only rule, Wahiguru alone is the one truth(SATNAM) .... that truth, which is all pervading and abiding. His home(Sach Khand) is our true home ....and it is this eternal home where we should keep our aim and attention ...and not any material land ...... millions came before us ....millions shall still come .... all shall go. No one stays to make this land where we are born, his perpetual home ...it can not be so.

Everything here is ephimeral and transitory, then why to run after shadows? Are we not blind and fools by doing so? Why so much pride for being born in a particular caste, land or mazab? Are we going to carry any of these, with us? If not so, then why so much pride? All these things(rituals, dogmas, regulations ...etc) are chains around our necks to take us direct to the cycle of births and deaths.

Politicians and fanatics fool us, and make us waste our precious lives. We are falsely believing and taking all these things as the the pillars of sikhism.

All these superficial and outer things have nothing to do with ruhaniyat or spirituality. As said, they are like laws, to get us registered at the municipality offices.

But our Guru Sahibans, warn us against all these practices, which divert us from the path of Gurmat as instructed by them.

As said before true religion is that which helps us to unite ourselves with Him.

And our Gurus say:
naanak naam milai vaddiaaee gur sabadhee sach paaeae
O Nanak, through the Naam, glorious greatness is obtained; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, the True One is found.

This means: Nam is only one eternal truth, in which, by merging our souls, salvation is got.
And how or when does this take place ?

The Bani clearly says: through the bakshish or Gur prasad, got from a Gurmukh, Wahiguru Akal purukh is met, not otherwise.
That is why all Gurmukhs, from any place or time, stress only on Nam, on Wahiguru .... as this is the only exclusive requirement to meet the beloved Akal Purukh, nothing else matters, do whatever we may ..... without Nam , we are like dead corpses.

Nam is the foundation of all creation, whether material, astral, causal or pure spiritual ... not only that .... but even going to the extent that,Wahiguru sprang from it , such is it´s greatness.

While the religious leaders, learned ones, the politicians, the samaj or society tell us to do many things, in order to believe that we are sikhs .... but our Gurus tell us, we are sikhs if we follow Gurmat ... and what is Gurmat ?

Gurmat is: Jin Har japiya, se Har hoiya.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Thu May 09, 2013 9:17 pm

For Those, Who Do Not Speak Punjabi, Just Try To Read Slowly
And The Deep Meaning, Will Be Clear.

You Also Have A Translation.

Waheguru Ji, Jo Tusi Dita
God, That What You Have Given,

Te Jo Tusi Nahi Dita
And That What You Have Not Given

Te Jo De Ke Le Lita,
And That After Given, You Have Taken

Us Har Ik Gal Layi
For Each Such Thing,

Tuhada Shukar Hai,
Even Then, I Thank You

Kyu Ki Jo Tusi Dita
'Cause What You Gave Us

Oh Tuhadi REHMAT,
That Is Your Mercy

Jo Nahi Tita
And What You Did Not Give

Us Wich Saadi BHALAI,
It Was For Our Own Good

TE Jo De Ke Lai Lita
And That You Took Back, After Giving

Oh Saada IMTEHAN.
Is Our Test !!

Hey Waheguru Ji,
Oh Beloved God

Sanu Har Haal Wich Shuker Karna Sikhao Ji
Teach Us To Be Grateful To You Always

Dhan Guru Nanak Rakhi Laaj,
Merciful God, Has covered my Faults

Kisi De Na Hoiye Mohtaaj
May I Always Be Blessed And May I Never Be Dependent On Any One Else

Saanu Bas Teri Hee Aas
Only You, Are Our Only Hope

Satguru Rakhna Charna De Paas.
And, Beloved Guru, Keep Us At Your Lotus Feet!!

May We All Learn To Thank The Lord For What He Gives And Takes As He Does All In
Our Interest.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 pm

The main objective of Sikhism, is God realization. Not to create any new dharam or mazab, nor community with codes of conduct nor ritulas, pure as souls, to love and worship one Wahiguru alone.

Satguru Arjun Dev Maharaj, beautifully gives clear information to differentiate, about who are manmukhs and the real lovers of Wahiguru, in the following lines of Raag Dhanasree:

ਕੋਈ ਹੋਆ ਕ੍ਰਮ ਰਤੁ ਕੋਈ ਤੀਰਥ ਨਾਇਆ
कोई होआ क्रम रतु कोई तीरथ नाइआ

Ko▫ī ho▫ā karam raṯ ko▫ī ṯirath nā▫i▫ā.
Some love rituals, and some bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage.

ਦਾਸੀ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ
दासीं हरि का नामु धिआइआ

Ḏāsīʼn Har kā Nām ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā.
The Lord's devotees meditate on His Name alone.

ਆਨ ਅਚਾਰ ਬਿਉਹਾਰ ਹੈ ਜੇਤੇ ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਫੋਕ
आन अचार बिउहार है जेते बिनु हरि सिमरन फोक

Ān acẖār bi▫uhār hai jeṯe bin har simran fok.
All other rituals and customs are useless, without remembering the Lord in meditation

We can see throughout the Granth Sahib, that all Gurmukhs and Guru Sahibans, they never ever try to engage us in any outer practices, but only stress on Nam Simran as the highest form of devotion to realize Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਹਿਤਕਾਰੇ
मनि तनि राम नाम हितकारे

Man ṯan rām nām hiṯkāre
With my mind and body, I love the Lord's Name

ਸੂਖ ਸਹਜ ਆਨੰਦ ਮੰਗਲ ਸਹਿਤ ਭਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਰਿ ਉਤਾਰੇ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ
सूख सहज आनंद मंगल सहित भव निधि पारि उतारे ॥ रहाउ

Sūkẖ sahj ānanḏ mangal sahiṯ bẖav niḏẖ pār uṯāre. Rahā▫o.
With peace, poise, pleasure and joy, He has carried me across the terrifying world-ocean.

In these 2 upper lines, we can see how Guru Sahibans love only Nam, up to the extent, that they say, Nam Simran has been perfected so much, that now each pore of my body, mind and soul is filled with the Nectar or Amrit of Nam; and because of this, Wahiguru is very pleased by this type of devotion, so in His manifestation as a Gurmukh, He has carried me across from this Bhavsagar .......... to ........ Sach Khand.

That is why Nam Simran or meditation on Nam alone, is the only way to reach Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Wah wah Sachay Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 pm

It has been noticed, that the pure paviter Bani of our Guru Sahibans, is being manipulated and misunderstood on several occasions and places.

Not only in the translations available in different formats, but even while kathas are performed by the "kartars", scholars, or even the so called gyanis .

We must bear in mind, the Bani of our Guru Sahibans, is the most precious and perfect in every sense and angle, topped with utmost beauty, and delicious to the tastes of mind and soul.

We are nobody to change it´s meanings.

And moreover, who are we?

What is our status?

For example, when we read, hear or say: Ik Onkar, Satgur Prasad.
What usually people say and interpret in this affirmation is: There is one God, and He is realized by the "Grace" of the Guru.

Now, this way of interpretation is not correct.

Because, grace is "Kirpa". And as we know, at no place our Guru Sahibans say: Ik Onkar, Satgur kirpa. Isn´t it?

What our Gurus mean by Gur Prasad, is the bhed, the jugtee, the bakshish, the updesh of Nam, which they give to those wadbhagee jeevas, who go and take shelter at their Charan Kamal or Lotus Feet.

That is why the bani says: Gur Parsad, kin virlay jaatay...... they are a few handful jeevas, souls, who go and take this type of Gurparsad.

At other place refering to this Gurprasad, as to where to find and get it... it says: Nam, amolak ratan hae, pooray Satgur paas.

Just because , we are told and made to believe so, that after Dasvee Patshahee, there will be no Gurmukhs. So we change some words to justify it. We must bear in mind, the time the Granth Sahib was being prepared, what the Guru Sahibans said were not words for that time alone, though they knew what was going to happen, after the Tenth Emperor left this earhly plane. Their words can not be confined into any time and any space.... their words, their wisdom, is universal for all the humanity or mankind.

Their teachings are called Gurmat. And it is not complicated at all. It is as simple as: Awar kaaj, tere kitteh na kam, mil Sadh Sangat,bhaj kewal Nam. That´s it. Nothing more nothing less. True Gurmukhs, as seen many a times, do never engage us in any other activity or devotion, which is not other than Nam Bhakti; because they come to liberate us from maya, from Kal, from mind, and countless layers of sins and ignorance..... all this can only be solved, with the mighty power of Wahiguru Akal Purukh, which is none other than His saacha Nao, or call it Shabad, Hukum or Nam.

Gurmat did not start with Guru Nanak Maharaj.... neither did it end with Dasvee Patshahee. Their teachings, or Gurmat, is valid for all the 4 yugas.

That is why Fifth Patsahee, clearly says in Sukhmani Sahib:
Eh nidaan japai man koe,
sabh jug mah taa kee gat ho'e

This means: Whoever meditates on this treasure(of Nam) within (one´s body or Harmandir), in any of the four yugas, is liberated.

After reading and understanding these words of Sree Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, there is no room for any doubt, that the very Granth Sahib, owes its existence to Guru Arjun Dev, who is not different from any true Gurmukh of any time, because as the bani says: Prabh Jee baseh, Sadh ke hirdeh.

So by these words, we can very well understand: Shabad Guru, Dhun Chela.... He alone is a Gurmukh, in whom the Shabad, or Nam or Wahiguru is manifested. Otherwise Wahiguru is omnipresent, means, He is already everywhere, He does not need to move to be somewhere, or to reach anywhere, because He is already everywhere, in stones, papers, mountains, rivers, skies, heavens, hells, etc....etc...etc.

One thing is being present everywhere, other thing is to manifest iteself, in a particular body of a Gurmukh, at a particular time and place.

So, only that being is worthy of our love and devotion, in whom, He is manifest in full consciousness, just as a Gurmukh.

And this is the reason, why all Guru Sahibans are same in glory, refulgence, sweetness, beauty and truth.... because Wahiguru, speaks, writes and works through them. And, if He says, that Gurmat is for all the yugas, means it is eternal.

Means, it started even when Guru Nanak was not there, because, after all who is Nanak? Well, just a manifestation of Wahiguru.

And what is Wahiguru? Well, Wahiguru is not the body, He is a conscious power. So the Guru, is the power manifested in that particular body, at that particular time.

Sachay Badshah Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj knew, how the Gurmat would be twisted after Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj, with misinterpretaions, rituals, ceremonies .... that is why He started writing and gathering the Banis, so that His work may be continued by His succesors, and leave the most beautiful thing for all of the mankind, so that one may refer to it, for any spiritual aid, even up to the extent, that of finding a true Gurmukh.

One thing is sure, Guru Sahibans can never ever make mistakes, nor create confusions, so if Gurmat is for all the mankind and all times ...... then how can we believe, to those who say and try to make us believe, that after Guru Gobind Singh, there shall be no more Gurmukhs...

The base of Sikhism or Gurmat, and any true dharma is based on 3 elements only, which are: Wahiguru, Satguru or Gurmukh and Nam. If any of these are missing, sorry, but then that is not Gurmat.

Apart from these three, everything is "fanah", everything is "koor", everything is perishable.

Once again, Fifth Patshahee, draws our attention on the importance of Gurmukhs, in the following line, He tells us to go and take shelter at the Lotus feet of a Gurmukh, so that we can enjoy the real bliss, by learning to sing the glory and praises of the one Wahiguru Akal Purukh only.

Sadh Sang mil karoh Anand, gun gaavoh Prabh Parmanand. He says: Rejoice in the company of the Saints(Gurmukhs), and sing the praises of God.

Wah wah Sachay Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Postby carlos » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Related to the topic above of misinterpretations and mistranslations of the Granth Sahib, there is a very clarifying sentence of Sree Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj Jee, in Aasaa Mehalaa 5 Dhupadhae 404, where He points us what is Gurparsad and what is to be done with it.

As seen above, mostly Gurparsad is understood and explained as Grace or Kirpa, which is not correct at all, it totally changes in the wrong direction, the view and objective of what our Guru Sahibans meant.

Gurparsad, is not any eatable, nor Grace or Kirpa as stated before; but it refers to the Gurmanter, the bhed, the bakshish, the jugtee, given by a Gurmukh, a Satguru, to that wadbhagee sikh or disciple, marked by Wahiguru Akal Purukh.... to receive the greatest Daya Meher, a soul can receive.

As the Bani says: Jevad Aap, tevad teree Daat

This means, Wahiguru gives that Gift, which is as big and rich and valuable, just as like He Himself.

Wahiguru, does not give such gifts as money, parents, sons or duaghters, properties, jewelerry, business, curing sicknesses, passing exams, etc, etc, etc..... These are all karmic settlemnets, made by each one of us. So naturally, Wahiguru as our true Father can never ever give us such things, which can bind us even more in the creation ..... He is not concerned at all with any of these mayavee things. He knows, we are already condemed in this Cahurasee ka Chakar. But yes, one thing He can certainly do, and that is give us something of His own nature... and that is to shower upon us His "akhoot" Daya Meher.

And what is that Daya Meher? It is His continuous shower of grace at several stages in our lives.... Namely: first of all, He blesses us with a human birth, so that we may be able to achieve our objective of Life, which is to merge in Him; secondly, He marks us before our birth, to come in touch with a Gurmukh, or get shelter in the sangat of a Sadh of our times, and lastly, when we come in touch with such a Gurmukh, a Sant, a Brahmgyani, a Satguru, as said before, He(that Gurmukh) gives us the Gurparsad. This is the laksh, the characteristic of a real Gurmukh. He never engages us in outer karam khands, neither rituals, rites or dogmas, nor pilgrimanges, fastings, idol worship, papers, stones, murti poojas, nor devis, nor devtas....neither Swarg, Shivpuri, nor Baikunth ...... but only Nam bhakti.... so that we can merge in our true origin, which is none other, than Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

And this merging in Akal Purukh or Dayal Purukh, is only possible by the Gurparsad given by a Gurmukh. That is why in the very begining of the Bani, the baseline of sikhism or any true dharma is revealed, that is: Ik Onkar, Satgur Parsad.
There is only one Lord, Wahiguru, and He is met by the Gurparsad given by a Gurmukh.

Now naturally, if we are made to believe that after Tenth Patshahee...there will be no Gurmukhs ....who will ever try to find one? Naturally no one. And if we do not meet one such Gurmukh .....how shall we ever get that Gurparsad, mentioned throughout in the Bani. Of course never. It is not, that we have a little faith, nor do we lack any love and devotion for the Truth. It is only, that since some several hundreds of years, and generations, we are walking in the wrong direction, so naturally how shall we meet our beloved Wahiguru?

Just let us take the example of Cristopher Colombus, he wanted to go to India, but instead of going to the east, he left for the West, and landed in South America, and took that for India... what a big mistake, for just not going in the right direction.

We also, are told by the Granth Sahib, to open our eyes, mind and soul and look towards, the light of Wahiguru manifested in a Gurmukh. That is why the pure paviter Bani says: Prabh Jee baseh, Sadh ke hirdey.

But what do we moorakhs, agyanis do? We try to find Him, in the lifeless things and places, which are contrary to the Bani.

Going back to the baseline of Gurmat, it clearly says: Jin Har japiya, se Har hoiya. And we may ask, do jaap, but to do the jaap of what?

Replying to this question also, Panchvee Patshahee says: Gurprasad, mere man vaseea. Means, the jaap of the Gurmanter, is established firmly in my mind. We may ask, how does that firmness come in Nam Simran?

The bani says: Saas Saas simroh Gobind. This means: leave aside all rituals, slogans, outer useless practices, and firmly do Nam Simran within your mind, with each intake of breath. This is true love and devotion, learnt from a true Gurmukh, to meet our beloved Father Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

The true Gurmukh, is honest, lives by His own earnings. He never depends on others beggings.
He disributes some of His income, between the needy. He does not make any charges.
He does not make any propaganda nor publicity of His own. He is very discreet and shy.
He says, I am a sevadar of the sangat. He never ever mixes in dirty politics, nor does He make any claims on land or mazab.
He never allows anyone to bow before Him, neither touch His feet, nor does He accept any garlands of flowers.
Nor does He require any lamps, dhoops, agarbatis, powders.... for the devotion to Wahiguru.
He never ever brings His family members, in terms of ruhaniyat in public.
He is a Gurmukh, He alone is.
He does not perform any miracles, though He is all powerfull, but lives and makes us learn to live in the "Bhana", like Guru Arjun Dev, for example.
He is oftenly slandered, and abused by a vast majority of us...just because, His main objective is Wahiguru, without implying any rituals, or polluted unnecessary external practices .... but stresses on Nam Bhakti alone, as per the Bani of our Guru Sahibans, and all the true Gurmukhs of all times.
And above all, He reconnects our souls with Wahiguru...with the link of the Gurparsad of Shabad or Nam.
This is the type of Satguru or Gurmukh, we see in the Bani, and this is the type of Gurmukh we should find for ourselves.

And when this blessed event takes place in one´s life, Guru Amar Das tells us what happens then.
He says: Anand bahaya meree maee, Satgur toh me paaya. He says, each cell of my body mind and soul is filled with bliss, with ecstasy ...

Why?

Beacuse, now my bad days have passed. Bad days here means, now one is aware, that by this meeting with a Gurmukh, I know I shall find, meet and merge in Wahiguru, and because of this meeting with a Gurmukh, my coming and going in the creation has stopped forever.

There comes a time in the life of a seeker, when one sees the beauty, grandeur, and meaning of the creation ....
Wahiguru wants us to see and feel that bliss and limitless joy, of something inmense, great and beyond any imagination ... that is of the coming in touch with a Gurmukh of our times, and by establishing with Him a relation of discipleship, of a lover, like a child with his mother...

Wah wah Ooch Apaar Beant Sachhay Badshah.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Previous

Return to Discussions