The Real Katha...

Issues, Problems, Society, Share your views

The Real Katha...

Postby carlos » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 pm

We limited humans, what mahima can we sing of Wahiguru? Of Him who is.oooch, apaar, beaant....Soami. The real katha of Himself is done by Himself. Naturally, if He is limitless, His katha has to be limitless in the true sense. Now who can perform that type of katha? Nobody. Except Himself. That is what and why, Guru Amar Das, says in His composition Anand Sahib, regarding the Amar Katha sung by Wahiguru Himself, through His expression of Nam, of Shabad in the following words:

He starts stating, what does that Shabad look like or sound like....
vaajay panch sabad tis ghar sabhaagai.
The Panch Shabad, the five primal sounds, vibrate in that blessed house.
Then He states, what happens in the body(house) where that pure paviter Shabad is manifested and heard....
ghar sabhaagai sabad vaajay kalaa jit ghar Dhaaree-aa.
In that blessed house, the Shabad vibrates; He infuses His almighty power into it.
Then He continues to confirm what else happens when one listens to that Nam or Shabad, He says all the five vices: kam, krodh, lobh moh and ahankar are vanquihed... not only that He says... moreover we win the war with Kal, and make ourselves free in the true sense, thus then we are able and capable to reach Sach Khand....
panch doot tuDh vas keetay kaal kantak maari-aa.
Through You, we subdue the five demons of desire, and slay Death, the torturer.

Then He clearly says, who only can achieve this...only those who are wadbhagee by birth, can do the bhhakti of real Nam...through His inmense grace...it is not in one´s(human being) hand to believe or not believe...it is possible only through His Daya Meher...
Dhur karam paa-i-aa tuDh jin ka-o se naam har kai laagay.
Those who have such pre-ordained destiny are attached to the Lord's Name.
Then in the next line He explains what is the condition of those who listen to this Akash Bani, Anhad Bani, Savhee Bani... He says those who listen to it constantly, have real peace and tranquility. He also explains that in outer temples, for example the bell is rung for a limited time ....but this Shabad of Wahiguru is non stop striking...that is why as seen in the below line, He uses the words Anhad vaajay
kahai naanak tah sukh ho-aa thit ghar anhad vaajay.
Says Nanak, they are at peace, and the unstruck sound current vibrates within their homes.
The He says, that Celestial music is filled with bliss, and is the solution for fulfilling one´s desires...but not worldly desires, not mayavee desires, but those desires which are at the root of each and every soul, and those are none other than to meet its beloved Wahiguru...
anad sunhu vadbhaageeho sagal manorath pooray.
Listen to the song of bliss, O most fortunate ones; all your longings shall be fulfilled.
As said and seen in the previous line, He confimrs and guarantees that by listening to this Anhad Bani or Shabad, one meets and obtains the true Lord, none other than Wahiguru Akal Purukh, who is the fountain of limitless happiness, and so, in this way we reach Sach Khand...this is what Guru Sahiban wants to make us understand.
What is in Sach Khand?
Well, Wahiguru.
And once merged in Wahiguru what is our state?
We become pure paviter like Him, and full of Anand(which means complete happiness)
paarbarahm parabh paa-i-aa utray sagal visooray.
I have obtained the Supreme Lord God, and all sorrows have been forgotten.

My God, our Gurbani is the manifestation or the highest truths in the most simple manner available to all human beings.

Have we ever asked ourselves, why or what for do we listen to the kathas? Well, because we may want we want real gyan, real happiness... The kathas by the mortals are o.k to an extent, but as taught by Guru Amar Das, the Real Katha, with which we can really obtain these desirable fruits, is possible by the Real Katha sung by Wahiguru Himself, which is utmost attracting, utmost beautifull, utmost pulling and above all, utmost true.... His Nam, His Shabad.

Wah Wah, pyare Wahiguru, haun tumko sadke jaava....
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Re: The Real Katha...

Postby carlos » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:48 pm

In spirituality, two things are really important. One is Wahiguru, and the second is His will. The object of each and every soul is to meet and merge in Wahiguru. And so as we read in the begining of Jap Ji Sahib: Ik Onkar Satgur parsad, which means: The Lord is one and He is obtaineed by His grace. His grace is part of His will, without which nothing can happen, and Guru Sahiban has clearly described His will in the 2nd pauree, as it follows

2nd Pauri:
By Waheguruji's Divine Will are entities manifested;
Inexpressible is Waheguru's Will.
By Waheguruji's Will are souls infused in them;
By Waheguru's Will is greatness achieved.
By Waheguruji's Will are some high and some low;
By Waheguruji's Will are pre-writ pains and pleasures obtained.
By Waheguruji's Will some are Graced;
By Waheguruji's Will others must ever wander in transmigration.
All are subject to Waheguruji's Order;
Nothing is exempt from Waheguruji's Will.
Nanak, if one were to understand Waheguruji's Will;
One would not talk egotistically.

From our human level it seems, that we are doing everything....but from His level, He is the real doer. If one is a beleiver or whether not, ultimately we are all puppets in His hands... to some He saves, to others He makes them wander in the cycle, and the thing is nobody can question Him... He is the real Sachhe Badshah, the real Shanshah. If He wishes so and writes on our foreheads, we come to meet His saints, and benefit from them.
Upon this Guru Jee says:
daan mahindaa talee khaak jay milai ta mastak laa-ee-ai.
The gift I seek is the dust of the feet of the Saints; if I were to obtain it, I would apply it to my forehead.

So we should never judge nor condemn anybody, each and everbody is responsible for his/her karmas, we may guide in a gentle manner, we may help if needed, but never force anything on anybody. That is arrogance,that is ego, that is pride. Guru Nanak was the Supreme Lord Himself, and out of real humility He called Himself lalaa golaa. On the contrary we memorize some pages, and start thinking we are something. Spirituality/holiness is achieved by doing something(Nam Simran), not just aquiring tons of theory.Even gyan is by His grace:

gi-aan na galee-ee dhoodhee-ai kathnaa karrhaa saar.
Wisdom cannot be found through mere words. To explain it is as hard as iron.
karam milai taa paa-ee-ai hor hikmat hukam khu-aar. ||2||
When the Lord bestows His Grace, then alone it is received; other tricks and orders are useless.

nadar karahi jay aapnee taa nadree satgur paa-i-aa.
If the Merciful Lord shows His Mercy, then the True Guru is found
ayhu jee-o bahutay janam bharammi-aa taa satgur sabad sunaa-i-aa.
This soul wandered through countless incarnations, until the True Guru instructed it in the Word of the Shabad.

regarding goodness and humility Guru sahiban says:
jay lorheh changa aapnaa kar punnhu neech sadaa-ee-ai.
If you yearn for goodness, then perform good deeds and feel humble.

The essence is in our interior, which never fades nor changes...and for that Guru Jee says:
agai jaat na jor hai agai jee-o navay.
In the world hereafter, social status and power mean nothing; hereafter, the soul is new.

outside is all Kurr, that is how it is explained in Asa Di Vaar:

koorh raajaa koorh parjaa koorh sabh sansaar.
False is the king, false are the subjects; false is the whole world.

koorh mandap koorh maarhee koorh baisanhaar.
False is the mansion, false are the skyscrapers; false are those who live in them.

koorh su-inaa koorh rupaa koorh painHanhaar.
False is gold, and false is silver; false are those who wear them.

koorh kaa-i-aa koorh kaparh koorh roop apaar.
False is the body, false are the clothes; false is incomparable beauty.

koorh mee-aa koorh beebee khap ho-ay khaar.
False is the husband, false is the wife; they mourn and waste away.

koorh koorhai nayhu lagaa visri-aa kartaar.
The false ones love falsehood, and forget their Creator.

kis naal keechai dostee sabh jag chalanhaar.
With whom should I become friends, if all the world shall pass away?

koorh mithaa koorh maakhi-o koorh dobay poor.
False is sweetness, false is honey; through falsehood, boat-loads of men have drowned.

naanak vakhaanai bayntee tuDh baajh koorho koorh.
Nanak speaks this prayer: without You, Lord, everything is totally false.

Our bani is totally true, it is for us to read understand and act accordingly, not read just like parrots. It contains such quality of truth that from where ever we read, it has the same taste and perfume of Akal Purukh. Though we may read even a couple of lines, and act accordingly, but even they are enough to satisfy our hunger and thirst for Him.
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

The Real Katha...

Postby carlos » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Katha means to talk about some divinity, in our case we are going to talk of the highest one: Wahiguru Akal Purukh.
And for that purpose, we are going to take a small portion of His lovely words left for us humans, the words of the Tenth Patshahee, where He proclaims that no devotion is comparable to the One Eternal Truth, namely Satpurush, through His Nam Bhakti, because it is done by the soul to the real objective, directly...and this bhakti is the only means to reach Him...no other way...neither was any, nor will ever be.
Because if the Lord is one, the way to reach Him, has to be one, it can not be different, for different castes, classes, religions, dharmas.
Just as there is one Sun, all the rays emanating from it merge into that Sun, not that some go to the moon, others to the stars, how silly to think otherwise....sabna Jeea ka, iko Daata.... Ik Onkar..... Tujh te wad avar na koee.... Te Sahib Kee, me saar na jaana.... Any line,any sentence refer to only one Paree Puran Parmatma.

And to realize that Sach or truth, we need to do the bhakti with which we can realize Him , and then merge in Him....and that is only possible with Nam bhakti, as all this said above, can be seen in the following words or Guru Gobind Singh, where He clearly declares that, devotion should not be given to lifeless things, neither to any "gods or godesses" but only to Him, through His Nam or Shabad.:

Page 1349 of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

khw BieE jo Aiq ihq icq kr bhuibiD islw pujweI ]
Kahaa bhaio jo at(i) hit chit kar bahubidh(i) silaa pujaaee||
Of what use is the worship of the stones with devotion and sincerity in various ways?

Here where He says stones, it is not only to stones which He refers literally, but also paper, metal, wood or plastic, etc...as all these are from the five basic creative elements of this creation: water, fire, earth, air and ether...all these elements are lifeless....conscious less... empty of spirit or consciousness... gross matter...are subject to changes and decay or perish...while consciousness never perishes, and is life giver.

pwn Qky pwihn k~h prsq kCu kr is~D n AweI ] 1]
Paan thake paahin kahh parsat kachhu kar siddh na aaee||1||
The hand became tired of touching the stones, because no spiritual powr accrued.1.

A~Cq DUp dIp Arpq hY pwhn kCU n KY hY ]
Achchhat dhoop deep arpat hai paahan kachhoo na khai hai||
Rice, incense and lamps are offered, but the stones do not eat anything,

qw mY khW is~D hY ry jV qoih kCU br dY hY ] 2]
Taa mai kahaan siddh hai re ja? tohe kachhoo bar dai hai||2||
O fool ! where is the spiritual power in them, so that they may bless you with some boon.2.

jyM ijX hoq dyq kCu quih kr mn bc krm ibcwr ]
Jau jiya hot det kachhu tuh(i) kar man bach karam bichaar||
Ponder in mind, speech and action; if they had any life, they could have given you something

*Something like, spiritual enlightment, which is got through self discipline," kamaee",of Nam only

*These lifeless objects and things which almost the whole world worships in one way or the other, may only remind us of our real object Wahiguru, or inspire us, by reading them...but never ever can be a substitute or replacement of the reality: Akal Purukh.

kyvl eyk Srix suAwmI ibn XyM nih kqih auDwr ] 3] 1]
Kecal ek sharan(i) suaamibin yau nah(i) katah(i) udhaar||3||1||
None can get salvation in any way without taking refuge in one Lord.3.1.

rwgu dyvgMDwrI pwiqSwhI 10]
Raag(u) DevgandhaariPaat(i)shaahi10||
RAGA DEVGANDHARI OF THE TENTH KING

ibn hir nwm n bwcn pY hY ]
Bin Har(i) Naam na baachan pai hai||
None can be saved without the Name(Nam, Shabad) of the Lord,

cyMdh lok jwih bis kIny qw qy khW plY hY ] 1] rhwau ]
Chaudha lok jaah(i) bas(i) keena taa te kahaan palai hai||1||Rahaao||
He, who control al the fourteen worlds, how can you run away from Him?...Pause.

rwm rhIm aubwr n sik hY jw kr nwm rtY hY ] bRhmw ibSn rudR sUrh sis qy bis kwl sBY hY ] 1
Raam Raheem ubaar na sak(i) hai jaa kar naam ratai hai|| Brahmaa Bishan Rudra sooraj sas(i) te bas(i) kaal sabhai hai||1||
You cannot be save by repeating the Names of Ram and Rahim, Brahma, Vishnu Shiva, Sun and Moon, all are subject to the power of Death.1.

byd purwn kurwn sBY mq jwkh nyiq khY hY ]
Bed Puraan Kuraan sabhai mar jaakah net(i) kahai hai||
Vedas, Puranas and holy Quran and all religious system proclaim Him as indescribeable,2.

ieMdR PinMdR muinMdR klp bhu DXwvq DXwn n AY hY ] 2]
Indra phanindra munindra kalap bahu dhyaavat dhyaan na ai hai||2||
Indra, Sheshnaga and the Supreme sage meditated on Him for ages, but could not visualize Him.2.

jw kr rUp rMg nih jinXq so ikm sXwm khY hY ]
Jaa kar roop rang nah(i) janiyat so kim syaam kahai hai||
He, whose form and colour are not perceivable, how can he be called black?

Cutho kwl jwl qy qb hI qwih crn lptY hY ] 3] 2]
Chhut-ho kaal jaal te tab hitaah(i) charan laptai hai||3||2||
You can only be liberated from the noose of Death, when you cling to His feet.

*Now, when He says, you can only be liberated when you cling to His feet.... what does wants to say us? Because Wahiguru in His spiritual form has no feet? Then, what to do, or what does He means?

According to the the mahapurushas, His feet means: His remeberance, through Nam Simran.

Someone, once beautifully said: Nam Simran is like washing the feet of Akal Purukh, and then merging ourselves through that Simran in His Shabad, is like having His Charna Amrit, which liberates our souls, washing it throughly, making it inmaculate,as is Wahiguru Himself. That is why Guru Nanak Dev, said in Jap Ji Sahib: Suniye, paap, dukh , sabh naas....which means by tuning and merging our souls into that His Shabad swarup, we wash our sins, thus ending forever the cause of ever coming into the cycle of births and deaths...such is the greatness, the mahima...of His Nam, which is His manifestation of His very self.

Wah Wah Sache Badshah, Akal Purukh!
carlos
Guru Da Pyara

Return to Discussions