• Ads

Mozilla Firefox problem

problems in the interface, design, download, etc...

Postby Mickie » Sat May 26, 2007 6:49 pm

veerji i have some doubt......

......im not able to download any of d baani when i am using firefox....but everythin works fine when i use IE......in mozilla it saves as embeded php file......is d case same wid others.......?????? .......... :?:
Mickie
Guru Da Pyara

Postby admin » Sat May 26, 2007 10:55 pm

Just to make sure, when you left-click on the "download track" link, does a new popup window open up? And in the new window, you can either just left-click on the "click here to download track" link, OR you can right click it and do "Save Link As" (so try both ways).

Now,

I personally use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.3, which you can see in Help menu > About). So make sure you're up-to-date with the version. Less than 1/3 of the total users to this network also use it.

The other problem I can see is that you have some wrong action selected for Firefox to execute when you are presented with an mp3 (and not necessarily the action to "download"). This is fixed as follows
    Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 steps
  1. Go to 'Tools' Menu. Select 'Options'
  2. In the new window, click/select the 'Content' tab/icon on the top.
  3. Click on the button that says 'Manage' in the File Types box.
  4. In the new window, in the "search" textbox, type in: mp3
  5. Now there will be only 1 entry in the listbox below, namely "mp3"
  6. Click the button named "Change Action"
  7. Now select the radio button that says: "Save them on my computer"
  8. Press OK. And then close out. It should work fine now.

Let me know where we are, I'll try again at other methods. Thank you for reporting this. This will greatly help others who may have this problem.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Prubjoat Singh » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:19 am

Gurfateh,

Mickie veerji, i encountered a similar problem and was about to report this bug but saw the reply from admin, Amanpreet_Singh ji and tried the steps in Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 but in vain. but then i tried the following steps and it worked:

a. right-click on the "Download Track" link
b. Choose "Save LinkAs..." from the drop-down menu
c. Then rename the file "download.php" to whatever "filename.mp3"
(where filename will be the name of the shabad/track and .mp3 will be as-it-is for eg: if you want to name the file as "WaHeGuRu_Simran" type: WaHeGuRu_Simran.mp3 in place of download.php and click on Save.

All the best...
:) WaHeGuRu ji ka Khalsa!! WaHeGuRu ji ki Fateh!! :)
Prubjoat Singh
Guru Da Pyara

Return to Bug Reports